Coastal Kitchen " Meh"?

Censored

On 2/24/2022 at 2:35 PM, CGTLH said:

On Oasis class ships. From 11a-11p soda, water, beer, and wine is available from the Suite Lounge bar. Drinks from Coastal Kitchen come from the Suite Lounge bar on Oasis class ships.

Yaaaaaaaaaas!

I don't know what I'm going to do after we sail Allure and then go back to non Oasis class ships! I'm going to be so spoiled with all these perks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2022 at 2:48 PM, CrimsonCruiser said:

Is this only for Star class which comes with a comped drink package?

I'll be in a GS which is Sky class on Allure in the fall and would love to take advantage if able.

You are good to go. Yes it is for all suite  guests.   The Oasis class ships have a better CK than Quantum

The suite lounge on Oasis in December had a good selection of call and premium liquors, so I disagree about it being lower end products. I drank Pyrat rum the entire week, a premium rum (at least onboard Royal). They also had Whistle Pig whiskey for example, which is a premium liquor. I also saw a bottle of Gentleman Jack as well. The only real limitations were due to supply issues, not because they don't carry it in the suite lounge versus the rest of the ship. 

CK Sunday night for the filet.  Meh, not even close to one of the better I’ve had.  Overcooked, too much sauce.  Meh🤷‍♀️.  None of us were impressed with any of our dishes.  The crispy pork belly was awful.  Katie shrugged at her rigatoni and sausage.  Nick liked his grilled duck breast.  We went to MDR tonight.  Service is slow but I think we enjoyed ourselves more.

49 minutes ago, Pooch said:

CK Sunday night for the filet.  Meh, not even close to one of the better I’ve had.  Overcooked, too much sauce.  Meh🤷‍♀️.  None of us were impressed with any of our dishes.  The crispy pork belly was awful.  Katie shrugged at her rigatoni and sausage.  Nick liked his grilled duck breast.  We went to MDR tonight.  Service is slow but I think we enjoyed ourselves more.

I thought my filet at CK on Allure was great, on Harmony it wasn't. Way too salty. Other than the filet mostly everything else at CK is pretty meh. I also think the MDR is better on larger ships.

• 2 months later...
On 2/18/2022 at 8:06 PM, Eddy said:

Ill be checking it out on Anthem in a few days!

How did you get on with the drink in the suite lounge and ck?  Is it unlimited 11-11 or just 5-8.30 and can you have this offer in the ck restaurant.  If not can you take drinks from the suite lounge to the restaurant yourselves?  Thank you

3 hours ago, Deborah Marie said:

How did you get on with the drink in the suite lounge and ck?  Is it unlimited 11-11 or just 5-8.30 and can you have this offer in the ck restaurant.  If not can you take drinks from the suite lounge to the restaurant yourselves?  Thank you

If you are staying in a suite, you can go to the suite lounge and get drinks, they were letting you leave with drinks to keep social distancing. However, this is at the discretion of the concierge. You can partake of happy hour drinks while dining in CK. 

Has anyone within the past few weeks eaten at CK on Harmony? 

Our last 2 cruises (Symphony in October and Wonder in March) did not have very good food on the UDP, especially on Wonder. We never ate in MDR and from what I’ve been hearing lately, the MDR on many ships has not been good. 2 1/2 hours for dinner? 

Im guessing supply chain issues are affecting the quality of the ingredients 

On 5/21/2022 at 11:13 AM, Jill said:

Our last 2 cruises (Symphony in October and Wonder in March) did not have very good food on the UDP, especially on Wonder. We never ate in MDR and from what I’ve been hearing lately, the MDR on many ships has not been good. 2 1/2 hours for dinner? 

Just off Oasis for 2 weeks. CK  was not over the top. Had dinner there first week only and went to Windjammer the second week with one dinner in MDR.   Lack of consistency with food Im afraid. There are issues that all cruise lines are dealing with. Even specialty restaurants are lacking quality .  Windjammer was also substandard.  Supply chain, staffing ,training are the culprits .

• 2 weeks later...

So onboard now. Have had 3 dinners in CK and tonight is our last night in CK. Overall service is great. Food is average. Nothing has wow’d me. I sent my cod back the other night as it was way overdone/dried out. 

Filet on first night was very good. Duck last night was a little tough but tasty. 

Tonight I’ll either do rack of lamb or scallops

On 5/21/2022 at 11:13 AM, Jill said:

Saw that you are onboard now, we did Harmony less than two weeks ago.  Hope things are going well.  We had UDP and only did CK once for dinner, but had lunch a few times.  Things seemed in order for the most part, expect some bars being out of a few items.

We ate at CK a fair amount of times on our B2B on Symphony a few weeks back. Frankly, I would agree with "MEH". We loved the service(we requested and were seated with the same waiter, Kasim, for every meal) but found the menu choices a bit lacking. On the 2nd leg of the trip we had the UDP, so we mostly 'ate out'. Lunches were actually more enjoyable than dinners, surprisingly. The food was good but compared with the MDR menu, there just weren't nearly enough choices for me.

It's nice to have the option though. But on our upcoming Wonder B2B, I think we will definitely go with the 3N Dining Plan, at the very least.

Taste is very subjective. I have yet to try it yet, but it is disappointing that CK keeps getting this Meh rating as it is supposed to be for suite guests. You have expectations as a suite guest. RCCL should really step it up a notch to impress in my opinion, or it loses these guests to other lines. just my opinion. 

We just dined at #CK for the last 8 evenings on the Allure. The venue is fantastic, even though our timing never landed us a window table (the place was rocking with star suites/big families with numerous little ones and pins) the huge windows were still glorious. The sun sets were beautiful, the food was a close second. On this ship we enjoyed Junela as the hostess and the host was Bikram, we had a few servers that were clearly still in training but when we had Leo he was a breath of fresh air;  we asked for him the rest of the sailing. The famous fillet was moved to night 3 and one menu was repeated. The food was a little better then okay, the portions were so small, hubby had a bowl of jazmine rice every evening with his meal. I requested broccoli with my meals and was given one, yes one. The food was sometimes not as described, for example the menu said a cut of meat or a certain fish and we would be told they didn't actually have that but they had something similar.

The place was packed, Leo told us they were averaging 160 reservations a night, wow! All put together when you have the right wait staff and the venue no matter the meal it is still an enjoyable meal we thought. We were never inclined to go else where for dinner this sailing as every other food venue was super busy. 

It is different since pre Covid days you can see the cost cutting measures but we still feel by far the most enjoyable dinner experience if not for the venue alone this trip. I'm so sorry I didn't photograph the menu's.

Oh and most important, the lobster tail night they offered the broiled lobster as well as the sauced one. Hubby requested two tails but only one came out, they hesitate to put two on a plate, his second tail came out a bit later we were wondering if our server had to sneak it out of the kitchen, lol! Lobster night albeit 1700hrs starts reservations they actually started seating at 1630, they asked a few of us to arrive earlier then our reservations. This trip #CK 7/10 in our most humble opinion. 

3 hours ago, D Alt said:

Taste is very subjective. I have yet to try it yet, but it is disappointing that CK keeps getting this Meh rating as it is supposed to be for suite guests. You have expectations as a suite guest. RCCL should really step it up a notch to impress in my opinion, or it loses these guests to other lines. just my opinion. 

I absolutely agree. For an 'exclusive' restaurant for Suites & Pinnacles, the menu should more than rival MDR!! Cuz in most, if not all cases, folks have paid considerably more and therefore, expect to and should get more. Just sayin'.....

On 6/5/2022 at 6:14 PM, D Alt said:

We ate at CK on oasis back in 2018 as guests of a friend of ours who was Hotel Director. That meal was FANTASTIC! I set the bar high when we were on Harmony last week. Didn’t come close to our oasis experience 

• 4 weeks later...

For our family, the value of CK is the venue itself.  We are a family of introverts (who enjoy cruising).  CK offers a quiet and more relaxing dining venue.  Cruise food is cruise food, IMO.  Some of it is good, some of it is not.  I cook at home using local ingredients and no meat (other than fish), so I never get all that excited about any food on a ship.  To me, CK is better than WJ both for the ability to find a seat, the quiet, and the absence of chaos.

We tend to eat at CK for breakfast or lunch.  Dinner, we tend to focus on specialty restaurants.  Just for level-setting, in order of preference on restaurants for dinner (from most liked to least):  150 Central Park, Wonderland, Izumi (sushi), CK, Chops, Izumi (hibachi), Sabor, Hooked,  Italian (whichever version).  We have not been on the Wonder of the Seas, so I cannot comment on Mason Jar.  Also, Playmakers would be at the bottom (along with Johnny Rockets)