Any sailing suggestions for 2/18 - 2/27 week?

TBruce77

We are in New York city but I think we can drive to Baltimore if needed, but we would need to find parking somewhere there.
Other alternatives are sailing from NY/NJ, or flying somewhere. Family of 3 with 1 kid 11 year old.  Any suggestions, regardless of duration?

If possible I'd like to spend less than or around $3k for oceanview or above stateroom.

Your choices are limited, and I'd encourage you to make a choice soon since cruises regularly sell out.

It's probably limited to Anthem of the Seas from Bayonne and Enchantment of the Seas from Baltimore.

Or you could fly to Florida and choose from many more ships.

If you want to drive, I'd go with Anthem.

18 hours ago, TBruce77 said:

We are in New York city but I think we can drive to Baltimore if needed, but we would need to find parking somewhere there.
Other alternatives are sailing from NY/NJ, or flying somewhere. Family of 3 with 1 kid 11 year old.  Any suggestions, regardless of duration?

If possible I'd like to spend less than or around $3k for oceanview or above stateroom.

I would suggest Anthem of the Seas out of NJ if you are preferring to drive.   Lots of activities on the ship for your 11 year old - google a tour of the ship and you will see.  First few days will be a bit chilly but then will warm up.  Ship is designed to offer lots indoors.  Parking is right beside the terminal - super easy and accessible. 

If you are open to driving to Florida, pricing is good on the Oasis class ships that week - particularly Allure of the Seas which is sailing an 8 night Feb 19-27th.  That would be my recommendation since pricing on Anthem that week is quite high - if you can get decent fares on flights that would be the best option.  Tons to do for everyone and weather will be much better.  Just a take a taxi to the port.  Have fun whatever you decide to do!

Thanks for the suggestions, looks like Anthem is about $3800 for balcony since no ocean view staterooms are available. A little above budget, but we save on flights.

8 hours ago, recogneyes said:

I would suggest Anthem of the Seas out of NJ if you are preferring to drive.   Lots of activities on the ship for your 11 year old - google a tour of the ship and you will see.  First few days will be a bit chilly but then will warm up.  Ship is designed to offer lots indoors.  Parking is right beside the terminal - super easy and accessible. 

If you are open to driving to Florida, pricing is good on the Oasis class ships that week - particularly Allure of the Seas which is sailing an 8 night Feb 19-27th.  That would be my recommendation since pricing on Anthem that week is quite high - if you can get decent fares on flights that would be the best option.  Tons to do for everyone and weather will be much better.  Just a take a taxi to the port.  Have fun whatever you decide to do!

We live in NY so I was thinking of just taking a cab there, do you know how much is parking, or where can I get more information on parking? If it's reasonable I might drive since round trip to Bayonne can get expensive. Edit: Just found this Parking/Transportation/Directions (cruiseliberty.com) $25/day. I am guessing cab would be about $100 one way possibly more during rush hour. So it might be break-even. I might drive. Is there a walk involved from parking? It could be freezing in NY next week, possible bad weather.

Thanks Matt, I am looking into Baltimore options too.

Are we allowed to discuss other cruise companies here? Or strictly Royal? Just want to make sure before I ask any questions, if no, that's OK too.

Thanks.

The parking garage is right beside the cruise terminal.  Yes it's $25/day.  You can drop family off with luggage to the porters.  Drive into garage.  Park and take elevator down to ground level and then meet up and walk into terminal.  It is incredibly easy.  There can be a line up to get into the port but driving or taxi would be same issues.  Just leave time to make your check in time.  

There have been questions/discussions about other cruise lines so I don't think anyone would have an issue with that.

Thanks, my wife said she will be too cold and doesn't want to be stuck inside for 2 days on the way and 2 days back possibly more out of 8 day cruise. 

She also read about the weather in Bahamas could be chilly, even though water is nice during February. To me, I just want to kick back and relax and I enjoy all indoor places on RC ship last time, but it seems she won't go for it. I'll check some Florida cruises. Thanks again.

8 hours ago, TBruce77 said:

Thanks, my wife said she will be too cold and doesn't want to be stuck inside for 2 days on the way and 2 days back possibly more out of 8 day cruise. 

She also read about the weather in Bahamas could be chilly, even though water is nice during February. To me, I just want to kick back and relax and I enjoy all indoor places on RC ship last time, but it seems she won't go for it. I'll check some Florida cruises. Thanks again.

Anthem certainly has some terrific spots for being indoors but I can see where your wife is coming from.  Allure, Oasis, Harmony and Symphony all have good itineraries for next week so perhaps determine where  you can get the best flight deals to and go from there.  If you can get to FLL fairly cheap my recommendation would still be Allure - good itinerary and the price for 8 nights is fantastic.  It has not been amplified like Oasis has but will offer so  much to do.  Symphony out of Miami has a great itinerary.  I hope you find something you both will enjoy!