Refreshment package cups

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I am a soda drinker and we almost always get the UDP.  I have never, not once, ever used one of the plastic cups that they give you.  No way am I going to haul that piece of junk around !  I have never had a problem getting a drink.  

We got the refreshment package and never even removed the plastic wrapper on the cup. 

Although we're not soda drinkers, we were able to get gingerale at restaurants and bars.

I, also, refuse to carry that cup around.

Yes, you will need the cups to operate the soda machine. There is a chip in the bottom of the cup that unlocks the machine and let's you make selections.

I got annoyed constantly carrying cups around after 3 cruises so on cruise #4 I got these carry cases from Amazon. They don't do too much in the way of insulation but they add 0 extra weight, could easily slip onto my forearm  to keep my hands free, and if the cup was empty or almost empty, I just looped it onto whatever bag strap I may have had on me. (no belt loops cuz I'm all sundresses on vacay)

61KmMCB8+sL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

16 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Yes, you will need the cups to operate the soda machine. There is a chip in the bottom of the cup that unlocks the machine and let's you make selections.

I got annoyed constantly carrying cups around after 3 cruises so on cruise #4 I got these carry cases from Amazon. They don't do too much in the way of insulation but they add 0 extra weight, could easily slip onto my forearm  to keep my hands free, and if the cup was empty or almost empty, I just looped it onto whatever bag strap I may have had on me. (no belt loops cuz I'm all sundresses on vacay)

61KmMCB8+sL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

This is exactly what we need!  Thanks for the link - I will be ordering this ASAP!

16 hours ago, Lexster said:

Brilliant. It's a bit silly that they don't have cups with a built-in carabiner or loop or anything, so this would be perfect!

Yeah...it's a bit strange that despite the many cup redesigns they still don't think about ease of carrying. Especially with so much to do!

13 hours ago, csrsue said:

Thanks, CrimsonCruiser!  Just ordered some for our upcoming cruise.

23 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

This is exactly what we need!  Thanks for the link - I will be ordering this ASAP!

Glad to help!

13 hours ago, mathbees said:

We use these handles with the added benefit that each person has their own color. Although I might check out those holders @CrimsonCruiser mentioned.

Ooh those handles are cool. Are they hard to get on and off the cup?

1 hour ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Are they hard to get on and off the cup?

The two straps, top and bottom, use velcro, so very easy and fairly secure once they are on tight. I wouldn't trust them 100% of the time, but for casual usage and walking around they are not bad. 

Here's a video showing the straps going on. Notice that a decent tug doesn't remove the handles.