Coco Beach Club — Full Day Pass - Worth it?

stevendom57

On Black Friday I scored a $79 price for the Coco Beach Club — Full Day Pass. Is it worth it? It sounds like you just get a private area with beach chairs and umbrellas, a lot like you can get elsewhere on CocoCay, but just a little more private. I realize that it also offers a fancy lunch or steak and lobster. I just winder if steak is really beach food. 

I guess only I can tell whether it is worth it to me, but I am interested whether other people felt like it was worth it for them.

Thanks

One and done for me!  We paid $72 each for our cruise in November.  It was ok but no…I will never do it again.  I feel like paying the money kept me away from exploring the rest of the island and we didn’t get to try a snack shack chicken sandwich (which was better than the steak and lobster lunch at the club IMO) until we were heading back to ship.  Just feel like we missed a lot by staying in one area.  Even the lunch, in my opinion wasn’t worth that kind of money.  But everyone has their thoughts and opinions and this is mine.  So I will say one more thing: if you really want to try it and know you will be back to CocoCay in the future, doing it at such a low price is probably an okay thing to do.  We are heading back in April and will do some exploration of the entire island and will make sure we make a few visits to the snack shack as well as the grill area.  

Yes, absolutely worth it at around $100 or so IMHO! We grabbed it on our last sailing on Oasis for $89 and had an amazing time. Even with reduced capacity back in early OCT, and the only ship in port that day, the Oasis Lagoon pool was packed. Only thing to consider is time of year. Recently, folks have pointed out that the water may be too cold to swim in and you would effectively be paying a fee for a little more space and a nice lunch. We have seen it as high as $199… not worth it to me, but it may be worth that price to someone else.

I was allowed to walk through this area .  From what I can see,  its the same beach sand, the same water.  You get an infinity pool that might feel crowded if this place is at full capacity.  The loungers look a bit more comfortable, and there are days beds by the pool, that are first come first serve, so you must be there early for that.  So you are paying approx $100 each for  food  ?  Nope. Not worth IMHO.  Would rather site see the rest of the island and have a few tacos/burgers. or that secret sandwich.   This place should be for suite guests as a perk.

On 2/13/2022 at 8:01 PM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

One and done for me!  We paid $72 each for our cruise in November.  It was ok but no…I will never do it again.  I feel like paying the money kept me away from exploring the rest of the island and we didn’t get to try a snack shack chicken sandwich (which was better than the steak and lobster lunch at the club IMO) until we were heading back to ship.  Just feel like we missed a lot by staying in one area.  Even the lunch, in my opinion wasn’t worth that kind of money.  But everyone has their thoughts and opinions and this is mine.  So I will say one more thing: if you really want to try it and know you will be back to CocoCay in the future, doing it at such a low price is probably an okay thing to do.  We are heading back in April and will do some exploration of the entire island and will make sure we make a few visits to the snack shack as well as the grill area.  

I share this opinion.

On 2/13/2022 at 9:15 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

It's rare to find it at at that low price.  I'd say it's worth it if you want a quiet place to park yourself for the day.  We really enjoyed it.

Canadians have to do the conversion on dollars. Right now its $199 US  that's $266 CAD   NOPE,  NEVER.   should be for suite guests,,,with some bbq . But Ilm glad you enjoyed it. Would you do it again?

We were there last week on Odyssey and the Symphony was also there.  I believe Beach Club has a300 person limit.  Not crowded at all, beach chairs - all with umbrellas, great drink service to chairs and floats included.  Also has infinity pool tat's very nice.

Lunch service was great, I choose the surf/turf option and my wife had lobster & prawns.  If that's not to your liking, also other items on menu.  Suggestion, if you go, make your lunch reservation in advance.  Preferred times tend to go fast.

We'll be back again in May on Harmony.

56 minutes ago, Eddy said:

Canadians have to do the conversion on dollars. Right now its $199 US  that's $266 CAD   NOPE,  NEVER.   should be for suite guests,,,with some bbq . But Ilm glad you enjoyed it. Would you do it again?

I would do it again if I could get access for under $80.  We had a cabana, which was amazing (and we got that at a record deal as well, that'd be hard to pass up).

14 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I would do it again if I could get access for under $80.  We had a cabana, which was amazing (and we got that at a record deal as well, that'd be hard to pass up).

Well, if you are a "lounger" kind of person thats great. I like to be out and about, check out the main pool, float in the ocean bay, check out the floating bar etc...   Those lower prices were a one off I think, and still too high for my liking.  I would pay $25 ...and I know that won't happen.

On 2/13/2022 at 5:32 PM, stevendom57 said:

On Black Friday I scored a $79 price for the Coco Beach Club — Full Day Pass. Is it worth it? It sounds like you just get a private area with beach chairs and umbrellas, a lot like you can get elsewhere on CocoCay, but just a little more private. I realize that it also offers a fancy lunch or steak and lobster. I just winder if steak is really beach food. 

I guess only I can tell whether it is worth it to me, but I am interested whether other people felt like it was worth it for them.

Thanks

I think we got that price too.    We found it a good deal, nice lounge chairs on the beach, less congested when we were there - really enjoyed the meal.

39 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

I think we got that price too.    We found it a good deal, nice lounge chairs on the beach, less congested when we were there - really enjoyed the meal.

There are so many loungers without congestion all over the Island.  After having walked through Coco Beach Club with 2 ships, I actually thought it congested itself. Loungers and nice day beds around the pool all taken ( seated or reserved with towels and books)  . The ocean water and beach sand is all the same. The pool was also quite crowded, but it was a nice infinity pool.  Food meh?  lower grade lobster and beef.  Im good with a crispy chicken sandwich or tacos, burgers etc.....there's enough food to go back to on the ship. So for me, its not worth it even at a discounted price.  

4 hours ago, Eddy said:

Well, if you are a "lounger" kind of person thats great. I like to be out and about, check out the main pool, float in the ocean bay, check out the floating bar etc...   Those lower prices were a one off I think, and still too high for my liking.  I would pay $25 ...and I know that won't happen.

I'm actually not.  I can't sit still for more than 20 minutes.  But, having been to Coco Cay many times it was nice to do something different.   

40 minutes ago, BrosephB said:

One thing that I wonder about the club that isn’t 100% clear to me, and would make it worth it, is do they have servers that bring your drinks right to your beach chair? Having that extra service would be nice.

If they do have servers, do you tip them at the end of the day?

If you're in the pre paid tip plan, I think you're covered. I dont see anybody tipping in the pool bar.   And I think they have servers, but I see servers all over the Island anyway