Allure December 4th St. Thomas Excursion

Carlyb193

We have reserved a chartered boat through Sonic Charters for St. Thomas on Dec 7th. We are Traveling on the Allure of the Sea Dec. 4th 2016 Sailing. We currently have 2 couples that are heading out for a private tour of the U.S Virgin Islands through Sonic Charters, listed as one of the Top 5 things to do on Trip Advisor  (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147404-d3676786-Reviews-Sonic_Charters-St_Thomas_U_S_Virgin_Islands.html).  The price includes up to 8 people so we are looking for 1-2 other couple who would be interested in joining us for this amazing trip.  We went on a similar trip on the February sailing on the Oasis of the Seas and it was one of the best trips of our lives.  We love to have fun, this trip will include snorkeling with Turtles, a Trip to Honeymoon Beach, and anything else our experienced captain will suggest.  We love children  ( we have 7 between the 2 couples currently going) but are leaving ours at  home, so we looking for no children on this excursion.  

This is the email I received from the Charter Company. We would split the charges evenly between the couples.

If your ship is here from 10-7 you could have from about 10:30-5:30 out on the water. It usually takes about a half hour for cruise ship guests to get off the ship and to the pickup location at the nearby marina (5 minutes walking distance) and we usually get people back about 1.5 hours before the ship leaves to err on the side of caution.

We only offer full day charters that time of year and the rate is $675 plus fuel. Fuel charges differ depending on where you go. Given the time you have I would probably recommend staying in the USVI rather than going to the BVI like you mentiond. You could spend time around St John, Water Island, St. Thomas and the little uninhabited islands which is a great option and one that avoids British Virgin Islands customs to allow more time on the water. We have some great snorkeling spots here in the USVI and our captain knows some great secluded beaches as well as some great stops for lunch and drinks. If you did this, my guess is that fuel would be between $100-150. Our captain's make sure each trip is customized for our guests whether it be snorkeling, beach bar hopping, visiting the most popular spots, checking out some of the more hidden local spots or a combination of all.

We would also need to include a tip for the Captain in our split costs.  As I mentioned the last time we did this trip it was amazing!  post-5985-0-71089500-1480233180_thumb.jpg If you are interested just let me know and we can meet up when we get on board. You can give cash to the captain directly there is no need to pay anything upfront.

Looking for forward to another great trip in a few days!