Moving a double points cruise question

RCIfan1912

Ok so this may be complicated but I'll try and explain it. We have 2 cruises booked, both Oasis. The first is June 5th, 5 days to Canada and the second is Coco Cay in August. My wife gave birth to our second son just a few weeks ago so he will not be 6 months for the June cruise so no cruise for us unfortunately. She does not want to have her mom watch him being just so young so its just not gonna happen. Anyway its a double points cruise so if we move it do we lost that perk? If we move it to later in 2022 will that count? I guess it wouldn't because it would be a new booking. Thanks for any help. 

3 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Congratulations @RCIfan1912 🥰

3 hours ago, Sharla said:

You can move it with the same reservation number. No need to cancel/rebook. John will know how to do that!

Oh wow thank you Sharla, excellent info. I really want those double points. Between the June cruise and August cruise will be Diamond on the next cruise. I know don't chase loyalty rewards and all that but its kinda a goal. John is a great guy. 

Thank you FionaMG, the little peanut is so cute. 

17 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Oh wow thank you Sharla, excellent info. I really want those double points. Between the June cruise and August cruise will be Diamond on the next cruise. I know don't chase loyalty rewards and all that but its kinda a goal. John is a great guy. 

Thank you FionaMG, the little peanut is so cute. 

And the little guy will be too!❤️

16 minutes ago, The Fox said:

I had a double point cruise that I moved from April to August and I was told that I would still get the double points. They did something on the reservation receipt that showed $100 transfer fee and then took it off so I wasn't charged.

Wow very interesting, I'm encouraged. I'm sure with everything Royal has gone through they are working with loyal customers. 

20 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Ok so this may be complicated but I'll try and explain it. We have 2 cruises booked, both Oasis. The first is June 5th, 5 days to Canada and the second is Coco Cay in August. My wife gave birth to our second son just a few weeks ago so he will not be 6 months for the June cruise so no cruise for us unfortunately. She does not want to have her mom watch him being just so young so its just not gonna happen. Anyway its a double points cruise so if we move it do we lost that perk? If we move it to later in 2022 will that count? I guess it wouldn't because it would be a new booking. Thanks for any help. 

I just did the same thing, you can make a new booking BUT....you must do it with the special reservation number associated with the double points. That reservation must be used before 12/31/2022 I have had to move my double points reservation a number several times. Also if you happen to book a Jr. Suite or higher, you will get 4X's the points for the sailing.

Okay math time. If you are solo you get double points (2 x day). If you booked solo during the double points incentive, you get quadruple points (4 x day).

If you Royal up on a solo booking that has double points already, as long as it is the same reservation number, you would get (8 x day) points?

4 minutes ago, Last Lion said:

Okay math time. If you are solo you get double points (2 x day). If you booked solo during the double points incentive, you get quadruple points (4 x day).

If you Royal up on a solo booking that has double points already, as long as it is the same reservation number, you would get (8 x day) points?

RoyalUp does not entitle you to any additional points regardless of what room category it puts you in.

6 minutes ago, Last Lion said:

Always hated the use of terms of double and triple when describing 2 or 3 points.

Point math...

1 point per night on the ship, 1 point per night sailing solo in a non-solo stateroom, finally 1 point per night when sailing in a Junior Suite or better (non Royal Up).

Two people sailing in a balcony stateroom: 1 point (per person)

Solo person traveling in a solo-balcony category stateroom: 1 point

Solo person traveling in a balcony stateroom: 2 points (1 base + 1 solo)

Two people traveling in a booked Junior Suite: 2 points (1 base + 1 JS or better) per person

Solo person sailing in a booked Junior Suite: 3 points (1 base + 1 JS or better + 1 solo)

7 night sailing solo booked in a JS with double points promotion: 42 (7 [nights] x 3 [base, JS, solo]) x 2 [double point promotion]

22 minutes ago, Last Lion said:

No JS or better nightly point if the JS or better was via RoyalUp.

Well everything is good. We can move the June cruise anywhere we want. I forgot to ask about the double points deal but just sent him a reply email asking about it. To add the baby to the August cruise its only 183 bucks! That is just crazy and was kinda afraid what it might cost. Time to look at the schedule and see what we want to or can schedule wise move it to. Thanks for ALL the help. 

32 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Well everything is good. We can move the June cruise anywhere we want. I forgot to ask about the double points deal but just sent him a reply email asking about it. To add the baby to the August cruise its only 183 bucks! That is just crazy and was kinda afraid what it might cost. Time to look at the schedule and see what we want to or can schedule wise move it to. Thanks for ALL the help. 

I’m glad it worked out, and they offer this now. When I booked during the double points, they said it was only good for that booking. So it’s nice they see peoples predicament and allow the change. 

On 2/13/2022 at 5:19 PM, Sharla said:

You can move it with the same reservation number. No need to cancel/rebook. John will know how to do that!

@Sharla.....what happens if a cruise was booked before September 30, 2021 (expiration of the double points booking promotion) and originally scheduled for January 2022 but moved to 2023 during the pandemic?  Could it be moved back to 2022 and receive double points if same reservation number is kept?  

On 2/14/2022 at 11:48 AM, Last Lion said:

Easy now.....though 8x would be great, I do not thing the extra 4 would go with a Royal up. I was told that if you RU (ex. Balcony to a Jr) you get the discounted room, but not the double points.

We 

On 2/13/2022 at 1:37 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

We moved a cruise we had booked in July on Allure to Anthem's 11 night January 31st sailing, instead of canceling the 8 night Allure cruise we simply changed the ship and sail date keeping the reservation number the same, Royal just updated my crown and anchor account yesterday and we still received double points because we kept the reservation number the same.  As long as you don't change the reservation number the double points offer is valid.

3 hours ago, JasonOasis said:

We moved a cruise we had booked in July on Allure to Anthem's 11 night January 31st sailing, instead of canceling the 8 night Allure cruise we simply changed the ship and sail date keeping the reservation number the same, Royal just updated my crown and anchor account yesterday and we still received double points because we kept the reservation number the same.  As long as you don't change the reservation number the double points offer is valid.

Yup ⬆️ Same for mine!

On 2/14/2022 at 9:26 PM, Va4fam said:

@Sharla.....what happens if a cruise was booked before September 30, 2021 (expiration of the double points booking promotion) and originally scheduled for January 2022 but moved to 2023 during the pandemic?  Could it be moved back to 2022 and receive double points if same reservation number is kept?  

Sorry for the late reply  (and I haven't read responses, been on a cruise myself). Yes I believe as long as the reservation number remains the same you'll get the double points if you sail in 2022.