NEW? Embarkation day PCR testing requirements for unvaccinated kids? Any info?

Renee600

Are there new requirements for unvaxed kiddos? We are traveling very soon-  next weekend on the Odyssey. 
This morning I  got an email saying to schedule my children’s pre-embarkation PCR covid test using reference number in the email I received. I got no email. 
Today spent 2 hours on the phone with no less than three agents (most of that time on hold) as they tried to figure out my reference number and exactly what needed to do. They had no idea this was happening until I attempted to explain. 
Does anyone here know what is up?

I was able to schedule their test for day of embarkation. (Note this is not the 3 day prior PCR, that will be done at home, but rather a test that will be done at check in)

Have to make an account with bio reference to view results which requires uploading their birth certificate and was told to arrive 30 minutes prior to my scheduled boarding time. 
Until TODAY, I heard nothing of this. And I had to call. Anyone else? 
If anyone has any insight please let me know. I thought I shouldn’t arrive early. I thought test prior to embarkation would be done as part of check in and that it was antigen not PCR. I’m a planner and this is throwing me for a loop. 
TIA

Yes I see that on the healthy cruising information. But as of yesterday it seems to have changed. This is what I see in the "YOUR SAILING DAY" e-mail I received. 

We can't wait to have you onboard Odyssey of the Seas in about a week! We know you've been preparing for your cruise and since sailing requirements and protocols have evolved over time, it's important that you have everything you need so that when you arrive for boarding, it's a breeze. Please note: Failure to meet the below requirements will unfortunately result in a denial of boarding.

Check out your to-do list & checklist
for sailings departing from a U.S. homeport below.

Schedule your boarding day test:
At the terminal, unvaccinated guests 2 to 11 years old are required to take a complimentary PCR test for COVID-19 when checking in for their cruise (this is in addition to the pre-cruise test). Registration details were already sent to you via email. Please check your email and register for your child/children today! If you haven’t received this email, please call us at 1-800-256-6649. 

• Renee600 changed the title to NEW? Embarkation day PCR testing requirements for unvaccinated kids? Any info?

Hi am currently on the Symphony of the Saes with an unvaccinated 8 year old from the Uk. We too was meant to have the same email but it didn’t arrive.If you haven’t I would download the Royal Carribean App as I check in passport ,COVID Vaccination proof and time of arrival which I choose for 11am on the app as I knew my child would need an Antigen Teast before boarding .Soon as we were at the Entrance to board we’re told a member of staff we had an unvaccinated child so was took to another queue with unvaccinated children and took through for the test ,and then you sit and wait for results via email you receive ,which is then shown to a member of staff which then take you through to boarding gate no queuing eiether as you and straight on the ship , you have to see show marked with the letter E and sit away from vaccinated guest some bars are unvaccinated  and the nicer ones are vaccinated but my children don’t want to attend Ocean ADventure it Teens club so we’re pretty limited which am not used to on a cruse.Bingo is on today which I wanted to do at 4pm today vaccinated only so unfortunately I can’t do but other than that am still getting used to it.Book your shows as soon as you get on board they fill fast ,we wanted too see Hiro on the night we got on the ship it had filled up by Noon so doing it tonight and it’s formal night to and Valentines Day to ,enjoy your cruse we are .

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2022 at 10:46 PM, Renee600 said:

Are there new requirements for unvaxed kiddos? We are traveling very soon-  next weekend on the Odyssey. 
This morning I  got an email saying to schedule my children’s pre-embarkation PCR covid test using reference number in the email I received. I got no email. 
Today spent 2 hours on the phone with no less than three agents (most of that time on hold) as they tried to figure out my reference number and exactly what needed to do. They had no idea this was happening until I attempted to explain. 
Does anyone here know what is up?

I was able to schedule their test for day of embarkation. (Note this is not the 3 day prior PCR, that will be done at home, but rather a test that will be done at check in)

Have to make an account with bio reference to view results which requires uploading their birth certificate and was told to arrive 30 minutes prior to my scheduled boarding time. 
Until TODAY, I heard nothing of this. And I had to call. Anyone else? 
If anyone has any insight please let me know. I thought I shouldn’t arrive early. I thought test prior to embarkation would be done as part of check in and that it was antigen not PCR. I’m a planner and this is throwing me for a loop. 
TIA

Did it end up being an rapid antigen or rapid pcr? 

On 2/14/2022 at 9:39 AM, Treacle said:

Hi am currently on the Symphony of the Saes with an unvaccinated 8 year old from the Uk. We too was meant to have the same email but it didn’t arrive.If you haven’t I would download the Royal Carribean App as I check in passport ,COVID Vaccination proof and time of arrival which I choose for 11am on the app as I knew my child would need an Antigen Teast before boarding .Soon as we were at the Entrance to board we’re told a member of staff we had an unvaccinated child so was took to another queue with unvaccinated children and took through for the test ,and then you sit and wait for results via email you receive ,which is then shown to a member of staff which then take you through to boarding gate no queuing eiether as you and straight on the ship , you have to see show marked with the letter E and sit away from vaccinated guest some bars are unvaccinated  and the nicer ones are vaccinated but my children don’t want to attend Ocean ADventure it Teens club so we’re pretty limited which am not used to on a cruse.Bingo is on today which I wanted to do at 4pm today vaccinated only so unfortunately I can’t do but other than that am still getting used to it.Book your shows as soon as you get on board they fill fast ,we wanted too see Hiro on the night we got on the ship it had filled up by Noon so doing it tonight and it’s formal night to and Valentines Day to ,enjoy your cruse we are .

Was the test at the port a rapid antigen or rapid pcr?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PMPMarty said:

We are about to go on our first cruise and I was wondering if we needed to have a test 2 days prior or if it was administered at the terminal.  There seems to be a lot of confusion around what is the correct answer.

If you are fully vaccinated you test 2 days prior. Unvaccinated children need the test before and they will test at the terminal.

23 hours ago, TonyYOW said:

According to the RC website, it is now antigen at the terminal. 

I can confirm it is an antigen. Sailed last week on the Symphony with 2 unvaccinated kids. You get your own check-in location while awaiting test results. Takes about a half hour for results to come through. Very easy process and when you get negative results you just go through security and then you're on the ship. 

On 2/14/2022 at 9:39 AM, Treacle said:

Did you administer the test or was there a person that tested your child?