Good news for Canadians.

MaryCanadian

So happy to see on the news this morning that Canada is getting rid of pcr test requirement for returning fully vaxxed Canadian travellers at the end of this month.  A rapid antigen test is so much cheaper and faster results for those of us that have booked earlier flights on disembarkation day.  It will be a great stress reliever for me.

3 hours ago, MaryCanadian said:

So happy to see on the news this morning that Canada is getting rid of pcr test requirement for returning fully vaxxed Canadian travellers at the end of this month.  A rapid antigen test is so much cheaper and faster results for those of us that have booked earlier flights on disembarkation day.  It will be a great stress reliever for me.

Great news, and long overdue. I will do a happy dance once they make the official announcement next week. We are booked March break, so figured the Gov would change it after just to make our lives stressful and deter travel. 

This is great news! 

I'm waiting for them to remove return testing all together...or at the very least, permit those who test positive re-entry and quarantine at their home without a threat of a fine. If we test positive, we are more than willing to quarantine at home for 10 days.

7 hours ago, MaryCanadian said:

agreed. What is the cost of the antigen test on embarkation? Any news?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2022 at 12:19 PM, SaveTheSharks said:

While PCR testing is expected to be dropped, if I'm not mistaken, there's still testing required similar to the US (ie. a proctored antigen test).

PCR testing wasn't completely dropped. Rapid (antigen) Tests are now an option too. Testing is still required for entering Canada and boarding the flight. 

So, in order to return to Canada you need one of the following:

- PCR done 72h prior to boarding the flight

- Rapid Test done 1 day before boarding the flight

Another important update - unvaccinated kids do not required to quarantine for 14 days if they travel with vaccinated parents. They can go to daycare/school basically next day. That's a game changer for us.