CANADA> NO MORE PCR TESTS ! BREAKING NEWS

Quick update about return to Canada after April 1 and no test required.

I registered with ArriveCAN for DW and I however I did not pay super close attention to the spelling of my last name.  On MOST of my identification my last name has a space in it, and this is true of my passport.  My NEXUS card however has my last name without a space.

My ArriveCAN did not have the space and so while I was allowed to enter without any issue at the airport, I have now been getting daily check ins reminding me to be quarantining for 14 days.  I am not truly required to do so as I am fully vaccinated but there is apparently no way for them to stop the system from contacting me.  I will continue to answer their questions and take it as a lesson learned.

All my life I have had to ask people looking me up in their computer systems to check with and without the space in my last name so I should have known better.

43 minutes ago, Marc Van Niekerk said:

Quick update about return to Canada after April 1 and no test required.

I registered with ArriveCAN for DW and I however I did not pay super close attention to the spelling of my last name.  On MOST of my identification my last name has a space in it, and this is true of my passport.  My NEXUS card however has my last name without a space.

My ArriveCAN did not have the space and so while I was allowed to enter without any issue at the airport, I have now been getting daily check ins reminding me to be quarantining for 14 days.  I am not truly required to do so as I am fully vaccinated but there is apparently no way for them to stop the system from contacting me.  I will continue to answer their questions and take it as a lesson learned.

All my life I have had to ask people looking me up in their computer systems to check with and without the space in my last name so I should have known better.

Are you wearing a mask in public and maintaining a list of close contacts? 🤣

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/these-covid-19-travel-rules-are-still-in-place-and-you-might-not-know-about-them-1.5859570

Maybe doesn't apply to you if you aren't in Ontario.