The key

Paul Clarke

Sorry, regardless of the key, you can only check in at the time Royal gives you. If you show up at 11:00 and Royal has given you a 1:00 time you will have to wait outside of the terminal. When you arrive at the terminal during your 30 minute check in time, you will be given a health review/check up. If you pass it, you  can enter the terminal. Correct me if I'm incorrect here fellow cruisers. Have fun Paul! 😎

I had The Key sailing out of Port Canaveral a few weeks ago. I was told to arrive at the terminal at 11:30 AM for the priority boarding with The Key. This should be the same sailing out of Miami as well, as there was a priority check in line for Key Guests. Plus there is the embarkation day lunch at Chops for all Key guests starting at noon. 

Yes, you can.  You should receive an email regarding The Key.  Here is what ours said for sailing out of Miami.

Dear Guest,
We're excited to welcome you onboard soon! Before you set sail, we wanted to remind you of the benefits that come with The Key program.
Here's what you can expect on your upcoming sailing:
  • Early access at the terminal.*
  • Drop off your carry-on luggage in the Main Dining Room on Deck 3 by 2:00 PM - your carry-on luggage will be hand delivered to your stateroom.
  • Exclusive welcome lunch in the Main Dining Room featuring the Chops Grille® menu (open from 12:00pm - 1:30pm). We recommend arriving to the terminal no later than 11:30 AM for you to have enough time to enjoy lunch with us!
  • Private time at some of our onboard activities such as rock climbing, FlowRider, etc.
  • Priority departure from ship-to-shore at tender ports.
  • Early access at shows in the Main Theater on Deck 4, however a reservation is needed so don't forget to book once you're onboard!
  • VOOM Surf & Stream package, now including high speed internet, for one device (1 package per guest).
  • On debarkation day, enjoy a private á la carte breakfast and choice departure.
*Please arrive at the terminal between 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM. If you are not able to make the early access window, you should arrive within your appointment time and will receive priority access into the terminal.

1 hour ago, Paul Clarke said:

Hey I hope that the latter would be better. No point rocking up at 1230pm to miss my lunch lol 

You should get an email a few days before your cruise reminding you of The Key benefits, one of which is early boarding. It will tell you when you should arrive.

12 hours ago, Okgladgal said:

You should get an email a few days before your cruise reminding you of The Key benefits, one of which is early boarding. It will tell you when you should arrive.

That's great thanks so much for your help and advice. Can RC change the perks? I booked it when room service and 25% dining was included. Seems to be removed now? 

Thanks

9 hours ago, Paul Clarke said:

That's great thanks so much for your help and advice. Can RC change the perks? I booked it when room service and 25% dining was included. Seems to be removed now? 

Thanks

They DID remove those two items from The Key. It wouldn't hurt to call & ask if they can give you OBC since you're not getting exactly what you paid for. Room service is free, except for part of the breakfast menu, but the 25% off dining should be addressed. 

11 hours ago, Paul Clarke said:

I booked it when room service and 25% dining was included

Last year I called Royal regarding this same question.  I was told that if you purchased they key prior to the date when they removed room service and 25% dining you would still receive this perk on your letter on board.  We sailed Oasis over New Years and still received the perk.  I'm sorry I don't remember the exact cutoff purchase date, you might have to call Royal to find out.