Sam the Stowaway

Nate Y

26 minutes ago, Nate Y said:

Maybe I have a soft spot for lounge piano, maybe the tequila made me a soft audience, but I enjoyed listening to Sam the Stowaway on my recent trip on Indy.  Anyone else enjoy his performances?  I'm a little disappointed he doesn't seem to have any online presence.

He is very entertaining and used to play in the elevators. 

6 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I loved it pre-Covid, when they were able to ride the elevators stuffed with guests - we'd ride along and sing - people in other elevators would spot or hear the Stowaway elevator and wonder what the heck was going on!  Good times.

Oh the good ole days. “Pre-COVID”

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I loved it pre-Covid, when they were able to ride the elevators stuffed with guests - we'd ride along and sing - people in other elevators would spot or hear the Stowaway elevator and wonder what the heck was going on!  Good times.

So, is the Stowaway gone for good or is he just on an extended furlough? 😎

3 hours ago, Nate Y said:

I kind of prefer him playing to the bar than in an elevator. 😅 Maybe I'd think differently if I actually shared an elevator with him, but I'd rather be able to get where I want to go than find out my elevator is already full with three people and a piano.

Hahaha, 3 people is amateur hour.  We had 7 in with it once, lol.

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Hahaha, 3 people is amateur hour.  We had 7 in with it once, lol.

We took a different "spin" on The Stowaway's "Elevator Music" on Harmony once.  As we were passing by the elevators on a lower deck we saw him a few decks above.  We joined him in the elevator (only 3 people with him).  He started playing Crocodile Rock and we started the tightest Swing Dance we could fit.  I think we cleared the elevator (oooooops).  

Had a great time singing and dancing with a piano player in an elevator ... not a normal land vacation occurrence.  

😉

If a "Stowaway" is on a ship, we are always on the lookout.

Curt from Canada

Just off Symphony and we were on the lookout for the Stowaway Piano player. He would set up in the hallway between the elevator banks.

Unfortunately, the only time we saw him playing we were in an elevator and had an appointment with food or a hot tub and couldn't stop.  We have priorities.  🤣🤣🤣

We did see him a few other times while we were in On Air losing at trivia.  He would roll his piano in to a back room when he was taking a break.

• 1 month later...

Just finished a two week B2B on the Odyssey of the Seas, Feb 26- Mar 12, no StS (Sam...) anywhere to be seen nor heard. The first week the presentation by the ship Captain and the Cruise Director, I asked about the fellow and the cruise director he would be on board the second week. Well, he was wrong. Was not impressed by the CD at all. The Captain was a real hoot. Have you ever heard a ships Captain make this announcement on a port day, "Attention all crew memebers this is the Captain speaking.  Wakey waky waky waky. Time for crew drills". 😎

1 hour ago, rjac said:

Just finished a two week B2B on the Odyssey of the Seas, Feb 26- Mar 12, no StS (Sam...) anywhere to be seen nor heard. The first week the presentation by the ship Captain and the Cruise Director, I asked about the fellow and the cruise director he would be on board the second week. Well, he was wrong. Was not impressed by the CD at all. The Captain was a real hoot. Have you ever heard a ships Captain make this announcement on a port day, "Attention all crew memebers this is the Captain speaking.  Wakey waky waky waky. Time for crew drills". 😎

Captain Per?

• 7 months later...
8 hours ago, Zummi said:

We were on Navigator in September and Piano man was in the elevator. Love watching him go up and down. He had tambourines and other instruments for the riders.

We were also on Navigator in Sept.  There were six of us waiting what it seemed like forever for the elevator and then "Stowaway" was on the one we finally caught. I have problems with loud noises and gave him a tip if he would just wait for us to get off the elevator before he began to play again.