xSAILEDx - Quantum - May 30 - June 6, 2022 (Alaska)

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Johnstewarth said:

If it's not too much trouble, would you be willing to post your Cruise Compasses on this site? We're on this itinerary June 13. Thanks!!

•  
  • I will try to get them photographed and sent to Matt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

And now I just got an email that all of my cruise planner purchases (drink package, dining package, excursions) have been cancelled and this sailing is no longer showing up in my Cruise Planner at all.  So, that's fun.

Hmmmm....it's still showing up with rooms available in CruisingPower.  Not sure what's going on.  This truly, truly sucks.  

Was it one of those final payment/FCC-involved IT F-Ups ?  Been hearing about a lot of those lately.  While they can hopefully get your booking back in shape I don’t think there’s anything they can do to reinstate your CP purchases.  Hopefully the prices have not gone up.  So sorry this has happened.  You would think that with this happening so frequently right now, Royal would intervene and stop those cancellations before they can go through.  It’s causing a lot of churn and ill-will….and I don’t blame the affected passengers one bit !  I would be super-pissed myself !

42 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Was it one of those final payment/FCC-involved IT F-Ups ?  Been hearing about a lot of those lately.  While they can hopefully get your booking back in shape I don’t think there’s anything they can do to reinstate your CP purchases.  Hopefully the prices have not gone up.  So sorry this has happened.  You would think that with this happening so frequently right now, Royal would intervene and stop those cancellations before they can go through.  It’s causing a lot of churn and ill-will….and I don’t blame the affected passengers one bit !  I would be super-pissed myself !

So I guess it has something to do with Cruise Planner purchases and database math (to a level I can't comprehend).  But no worries, because I have @michelle and @Beci taking care of everything!  I already have my UDP, DBP and Voom back (Royal couldn't price protect, but gave me an OBC that more than covered the differences).  They are working hard to get me a stateroom that we like (if not the same one, it's just not showing up as available yet), and trying to get us booked back on our shore excursions.  There isn't anyone better to have advocating for you!  Luckily I was aware that this happens occasionally and knew that I didn't have to completely panic.  It's all going to be just fine. We'd like to get back on our shore excursions, but if it's just not possible it's not the end of the world as we've been to Alaska 3 times before, and this will not be our last time!  

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yippee !  So glad to hear that you have the A Team already working it for you.  What a nuisance.  Hope you get an even BETTER room and back onto the excursion you want !

We have our original room back, so I'm super happy!  I won't know about excursions until tomorrow at the earliest, but I won't lose any sleep over them.  We tend to have fun wherever we go together, even if we just bum around town.

On 5/8/2022 at 9:30 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

We have our original room back, so I'm super happy!  I won't know about excursions until tomorrow at the earliest, but I won't lose any sleep over them.  We tend to have fun wherever we go together, even if we just bum around town.

YAY for getting your room and cruise all back together!!!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TNMIKE said:

i am finishing up qts tommorrow,   i have cruise compass,    for all 7 days.   in Victoria BC,   would be later on if i can figure how to get them to you.  

If you want them posted in the Cruise Compass section, please scan them and send them to [email protected]  Enjoy the rest of your sailing!

Things are not going well.  I passed my Covid test, but right after I took it, (and after checking into my flight), I was notified that our flight to Seattle was canceled.  They booked us onto a flight that connects through San Francisco (a HUGE deal when you have one party who's terrified of flying and you can barely get them on the one flight).  Not only that, while it says my flight is tomorrow, connecting through San Francisco, when i try to look at what seats we have (we booked First Class and due to my husband's flight anxiety, we really need to sit together) it says that our flight is direct to Seattle  ON MONDAY.  I can't get through to anyone at Delta, and the flight isn't showing up at all in "My Trips" either on the app or on the website.  I'M FREAKING.

3 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Things are not going well.  I passed my Covid test, but right after I took it, (and after checking into my flight), I was notified that our flight to Seattle was canceled.  They booked us onto a flight that connects through San Francisco (a HUGE deal when you have one party who's terrified of flying and you can barely get them on the one flight).  Not only that, while it says my flight is tomorrow, connecting through San Francisco, when i try to look at what seats we have (we booked First Class and due to my husband's flight anxiety, we really need to sit together) it says that our flight is direct to Seattle  ON MONDAY.  I can't get through to anyone at Delta, and the flight isn't showing up at all in "My Trips" either on the app or on the website.  I'M FREAKING.

Oh no !  Flying is quickly becoming a greater risk factor than cruising !  Too much BS going on with the airlines.  Good luck.  Hope you get these wrinkles ironed our quickly and smoothly.

So we ended up on a flight tomorrow, with a 4-hour layover in Portland.  We lost our first-class seats on the long leg (MSP-Portland), but we are at least sitting together.  I'll be super squished, but will survive.  We got first-class on the 2nd (hour) leg, but not together.  But it's a short one.  Thought about just getting off in Portland and driving, since that'd take less time than the layover, but the cost to do so added over $800.  It's not perfect, but it's doable.

16 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

So we ended up on a flight tomorrow, with a 4-hour layover in Portland.  We lost our first-class seats on the long leg (MSP-Portland), but we are at least sitting together.  I'll be super squished, but will survive.  We got first-class on the 2nd (hour) leg, but not together.  But it's a short one.  Thought about just getting off in Portland and driving, since that'd take less time than the layover, but the cost to do so added over $800.  It's not perfect, but it's doable.

Yikes, sorry for the troubles! I hope you can make it all work out. You are gonna need a couple relaxing drinks as soon as you get on board!

50 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I'm on board!!!! Everything is cool. We had a huge corner room on the 42nd floor at the beautiful Hyatt Regency, with a great view of the city and Lake Washington. 

Plastic straws are on this ship. It's been a long time since I've seen them on a ship. 

YIPPEE !!!!!!

19 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Plastic straws are on this ship. It's been a long time since I've seen them on a ship. 

Glad to hear you got there! Are they the new "Strawfish" bio-degradable straws that have been mentioned in other threads?

My wife will be pleased that there will be actual, usable straws on Quantum for August.

(Also, if you happen to find out where on the ship the "Royal Society of Puzzles escape room is, please let me know)

On 5/31/2022 at 9:29 AM, SPS said:

Glad to hear you got there! Are they the new "Strawfish" bio-degradable straws that have been mentioned in other threads?

My wife will be pleased that there will be actual, usable straws on Quantum for August.

(Also, if you happen to find out where on the ship the "Royal Society of Puzzles escape room is, please let me know)

So they didn't offer the Escape Room on our sailing.  I was going to ask the Diamond Concierge, but it was a bit difficult to get a word in edgewise with her (Ramona - she was awesome and we loved her).  I'm so sorry.

17 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

So they didn't offer the Escape Room on our sailing.  I was going to ask the Diamond Concierge, but it was a bit difficult to get a word in edgewise with her (Ramona - she was awesome and we loved her).  I'm so sorry.

That's ok. Thanks for checking. I had read somewhere that while the "Royal Escape room - Royal Society of Puzzles" is listed on the ship's webpage, there is no actual dedicated escape room on Quantum. (What? Maybe it's just some sort of puzzle game in Two70 or something.)

If there's no escape room experience, we'll just spend as extra hour or so in one of the Solarium hot tubs! 😄

8 minutes ago, SPS said:

That's ok. Thanks for checking. I had read somewhere that while the "Royal Escape room - Royal Society of Puzzles" is listed on the ship's webpage, there is no actual dedicated escape room on Quantum. (What? Maybe it's just some sort of puzzle game in Two70 or something.)

If there's no escape room experience, we'll just spend as extra hour or so in one of the Solarium hot tubs! 😄

I knew there was no room, but they didn't offer the game, either anywhere.  We were so lazy on this cruise.  We did a few games of Trivia (Sorin, at the Schooner bar, is hilarious - dry, sardonic sense of humor that I just loved), closed the pub down a few nights (taught the guests the audience response for "Living Next Door to Alice", which was a hoot), and read a lot.  The pub singer who is currently on the ship, Carlo, is the best I've ever heard on any ship.

• SpeedNoodles changed the title to xSAILEDx - Quantum - May 30 - June 6, 2022 (Alaska)
On 4/20/2022 at 10:40 AM, michelle said:

love that kind of surprise myself !

Wait...what???  I'm brand new to this forum.  You can get discounts on cruises?  I have a cruise on Wonder of the Seas coming up in November.  I'd be eternally grateful if you could work something out for me.

Chuck

• 4 weeks later...

@SpeedNoodles Quick question about check-in for Seattle departures. Does check-in open at midnight on "ship time" or Eastern time? (Check in for our sailing opens this Friday July 8th)

Midnight for the ship/Seattle would be 3:00 a.m. here in the Eastern Time Zone. TIA!

21 minutes ago, SPS said:

@SpeedNoodles Quick question about check-in for Seattle departures. Does check-in open at midnight on "ship time" or Eastern time? (Check in for our sailing opens this Friday July 8th)

Midnight for the ship/Seattle would be 3:00 a.m. here in the Eastern Time Zone. TIA!

It opens at midnight Pacific time.