Summer Cruises

Hey everyone! 

I've been on many cruises before but I've never been on a cruise in the summer months. Mostly I've cruised Oct. - Dec. 

Am I going to die of heat in June? Also, do we think regulations will be different at all in the summer? I have a 13 month old who obviously isn't vaccinated. I'm really hoping we can all just get off the ship in port and walk around. 

27 minutes ago, cdixon22 said:

Heat not so bad but be flexible in case of hurricanes if sailing out of Florida or Galveston. 

This. However, you chances of a storm interrupting your plans is less likely in early summer because the Gulf & Caribbean haven't reached the water temps that really promote development and strengthening. It's not out of the question to see a tropical storm develop in June or even a Cat 1, but the big storms are usually later in the season. Humidity will definitely be higher in the summer than what you experienced in Oct-Dec. If you are sensitive to it, that's probably what will be more of a faction that the heat per se. 90 degrees with 20% humidity is way different than 90 degrees with 80% or 90% humidity. 

We’ve lived in Maine our whole lives and cruised on Adventure out of Nassau at the beginning of September.  We were hot and planned our days around shade and breeze.  Given the choice, we’d do it all over again with no hesitation.  

On the flip side, we were at the CocoCay Beach Club the beginning of this month, and the only other people in the pool were from Minnesota….

4 hours ago, teddy said:

We’ve lived in Maine our whole lives and cruised on Adventure out of Nassau at the beginning of September.  We were hot and planned our days around shade and breeze.  Given the choice, we’d do it all over again with no hesitation.  

On the flip side, we were at the CocoCay Beach Club the beginning of this month, and the only other people in the pool were from Minnesota….

It’s funny because it is true!