Do Royal's Cruise Refunds Separate "Taxes" and "Port Fees"?

ChessE4

As others have posted, my refunds from a cruise cancelled by Royal don't match my invoice or Cruise Planner orders.  I am wondering if there is a logic to how Royal splits up the reimbursements such as port fees, taxes, or even gratuities.  I've been short-changed $$, and I am trying to research the experiences of other cruisers before I badger Royal Customer Service next week.  Right now I can't tell them which items were reimbursed and which weren't.

No need to badger, a phone call and they’ll break it down for you.  

They do tend to refund cruise fare in random amounts.  I’ve always assumed there is something with the merchant fees the credit card companies charge that makes it advantageous for them but I don’t that for sure.  Usually the port fees and taxes remain intact but that may not always be the case. 

59 minutes ago, cdixon22 said:

Check your original invoice. It is broken down on there. We just got our refund from cancelled 1/22 cruise and it 3 refunds. 1 for excursion, 1 for pre paid gratuities, 1 for taxes and fees. 

Thanks, but that was the first thing I did.  Only two of several refunded charges seem to match--3rd party travel insurance and one excursion.  Everything thing else is an odd amount, which is why I was wondering what actually got split up.  I thought perhaps the prepaid gratuities or the taxes were separated and then recombined in a weird way. I will call Royal next week using my invoice and receipts for back-up.  

We received our refund for taxes, fees and cruise planner purchases a couple of days ago and the way the credits posted was unusual.  They were not itemized by transactions or purchases.  There were three credits, two were in the amount of the taxes and fees and third credit for the difference of total cruise planner purchases and one of the taxes and fees credits.  Very confusing but fortunately for us the total credits added up to what we had paid for.