Vax Wrist bands

mariaba

I've been on 4 ships. Never saw nor heard of this.  I have seen some people wear their wristband on a lanyard.
I have brought along my old "silicone" bracelet from one of my sailings and luckily it was the same color, so I wore that instead of the satin.
When I had to wear the satin I made sure to not tighten it too much (so I can still slip it off)-once tightened it cannot be loosed.  I just sewed the edges to the bracelet so they would not dangle.

Nope, the satin wristband it the thing of the moment. The last several cruises the check in folks just handed us the band and told us to not tighten it up so it could be removed. The wife puts it on her lanyard with her Sea Pass card which either gets punched or placed in the vinyl pouch depending on the ship. No one has told her she had to wear it on her wrist. Mine is worn looped through my watch. It is easier to remove it when you are at the dining room to not dip into your food.

19 minutes ago, CrznTxn said:

Nope, the satin wristband it the thing of the moment. The last several cruises the check in folks just handed us the band and told us to not tighten it up so it could be removed. The wife puts it on her lanyard with her Sea Pass card which either gets punched or placed in the vinyl pouch depending on the ship. No one has told her she had to wear it on her wrist. Mine is worn looped through my watch. It is easier to remove it when you are at the dining room to not dip into your food.

When I sailed out of Miami the check in person was a nightmare.  On top of all of her fumbling (it was either we were her very first guests or she just can't grasp working with technology as I watched entire families move along several times she was still with us) she MADE US put on the wrist bands AND tightened them.  So you never know! LOL

The information must have gotten mixed up about punching the SeaPass cards, lanyards, and wrist bands.  The (regular, non-RFID) cards are punched only so they could be attached to lanyards.  It has nothing to do with indicating vaccination status.   Some guests, not wanting the wrist bands on their wrists, have decided to put the bands on their lanyards with the SeaPass card.

Still don’t understand the need for wrists bands for everyone. Every adult is vaccinated. Why not require wristbands for ages 16 and under…or 18 and under…to show they’re vaccinated. I mean, I understand there are times where an age cutoff could be hard to determine just by how someone looks, but let’s be reasonable. If someone mistakes me for a 12 year old, well, then they shouldn’t be allowed to operate a lawn mower.  How about a wrist band for the unvaccinated child instead…just my opinion.

12 hours ago, Pooch said:

Would think a punched card would be too easy to fake.

Yeah, this is why Covid tests have two lines when you're positive and one when you're negative. If the two lines meant negative, everyone would just draw in a second line. In this case, it would make more sense to have a punched card be the non-vaxxed, and an un-punched card be the vaxxed because you can't easily fill in a punched hole in a plastic card. But...it would still be a silly system 🙂

5 hours ago, cdixon22 said:

Guest services can cut the hanging tail off of the satin bands and have them put on your non dominant hand’s wrist. 

What tail? 😜   I put snaps on mine... makes it easy to wear all wrist bands from past cruises ha ha

IMG_2335.thumb.jpg.2641292136cb1cb80567c9bacbeaecdb.jpg 1990208963_IMG_14302.thumb.jpg.93e0ed8e9ce46d3ea5a1783d72ff8689.jpg

I sear the edge of the ribbon to prevent fraying

IMG_1741.jpg.8b225c685b6890c5c6f0e45b4cc83734.thumb.jpg.de5825e38e5e07304445875391d9d7e5.jpg

the first cruises out of the Bahamas that didn't touch US soil and avoided the CDC had those adhesive waterproof paper wristbands that never line up correctly and stick to your skin. I was happy to see the slip knot satin ones on our next cruise. Mine was loose enough that I guess I could have gotten it off but I didn't, the beverage package helped me to not care or notice I had it on.

Our check in person in Miami allowed us to put on the bands ourselves, so I left slack in mine so that I could take it off when in our cabin.  Put it with my sea pass card so I didn't forget to put it on when leaving the cabin.  Only had to be careful not to drag it through my food when eating using both hands.  🤪 🤪 🤪

On 2/10/2022 at 8:00 PM, mariaba said:

I thought I read somewhere you can have your Sea Pass punched to show you are vaxxed. Is this true? Now I can’t find the article…and we really don’t want to wear a satin wrist band all week. 

You do have to wear the blue satin wristband…it was barely noticeable honestly…we just sailed last week.

13 hours ago, Boba Fett said:

You do have to wear the blue satin wristband…it was barely noticeable honestly…we just sailed last week.

The above may be true for you (and many others) but ANYTHING on my wrist is VERY noticeable. I have not worn a watch in nearly 30 years. When we went to Disney World last year, the "easy" way to do things would have been to wear the wrist band that acts as your room key, access to the parks, and charge account. I kept mine in my pocket and fished it out every time it was needed. I despise events that require a wristband to identify that you're entitled to enter/reenter - give me a physical ticket or stamp the back of my hand in some obnoxious color - anything but a wristband. The only thing I have "willingly" worn on my wrist would be hospital bracelets when I have had surgery, and those come off the second I don't have to have them on.