Royal Up Update Payment Method

AndrewPunch

I have the question into Royal but figure I would ask here as well.  I have a few bids into Royal Up for my upcoming cruise however the credit card I have entered got compromised this week so I canceled it.  I can't find how to update the payment information on the bid just didn't know if anyone else has run into this.

on a Sidenote:  Someone ordered $140 from Subway on the card in a different state which I didn't know that was possible to spend that much at a Subway.

If you don't cancel and re-bid, when the card number gets denied they do reach out via email and allow you to enter in an alternate payment method. You just have to actually receive the email (not get lost in spam/junk) and click the link to update the CC info in time.

• 4 weeks later...

We had the same issue occur.  Our card was stolen.  We received the email that our bid had been accepted but the charge was denied since it had the old card number.  I did click the link and provide an updated credit card number but have not heard back.  Does anyone know if that means we got or didn't get the upgrade?

10 minutes ago, asiddall said:

We had the same issue occur.  Our card was stolen.  We received the email that our bid had been accepted but the charge was denied since it had the old card number.  I did click the link and provide an updated credit card number but have not heard back.  Does anyone know if that means we got or didn't get the upgrade?

The same happened to me.  I don't know that we ever heard back or if I just noticed that my room number had changed on the app/cruise planner.  If your bid was accepted, and you updated the payment, you should be fine.  Keep checking online.

• 7 months later...

I have the same problem - CC rejected the payment as an attempted fraud - won my bid but can not update the CC for it to be processed - nor can I cancel my bid to start over with a new CC.

I did get the Email with the link to update the CC but it has been giving me an error no matter what CC I try to put in🥲

It seems nobody at RCCL can help!

Anybody any idea as to how to get out of this situation?

Thank you!

• 4 months later...

Wow, looks like many of us are having the same problem. In my case I had deactivated the international transaction. However when I got the email, I immediately activated it and clicked the link to process the transaction, nothing has happened so far. Then I tried to enter new credit card information and it’s giving me an error. It’s been 3 days now and bid status is still pending. Did anyone get any resolution to your issues? Pls let me know 

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Sandra Greaves said:

How do I update my credit card on file with royal caribbean 

Just do a mock purchase on the app or website until you get to the payment screen. When you are at the “Select a Payment Method” section, you will have an option to change the default card under “Change Payment”

IMG_5299.jpeg