32 Days out - Royal Up Awarded!

wordell1

12 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

Congrats on your Royal Up to an Owners Suite.  Must have been an aggressive bid, 32 days out is impressive!

Nope - $440 pp - I think $400 was the minimum.  I think they wanted my JS.  I was actually a "guarantee" up to about 2 weeks ago when they gave me a cabin number.

4 hours ago, wordell1 said:

I was very surprised to see my bid to jump from a Junior Suite to an Owners Suite was accepted today - 32 days out!  It was on Liberty of the Seas March 13th.  

Wow that is early. Do you think the powers that be (or algorithms that be) will start to aware Royal Up earlier on ALL cruises instead of waiting until almost the last minute?

1 hour ago, Swar said:

I just received upgrades on a 13 and 20 March B2B

Did they put you in the same cabin for both?  

I have RoyalUp bids in on a 1BR to a 2BR suite for 11 and 14 Mar on a B2B. I considered not putting in the bid because I'd rather not have to switch cabins. But there are three of us (all adults) so having a 2BR will be more comfortable.

9 hours ago, bryresangel said:

Wow that is early. Do you think the powers that be (or algorithms that be) will start to aware Royal Up earlier on ALL cruises instead of waiting until almost the last minute?

I doubt it.  Normally, they will want to sell the cruise up to the last minute.  My guess is that they are at capacity already - or that they had oversold the JS category.  

5 hours ago, Va4fam said:

Congrats to @Swar, @Linda R, and @Boardgamer for your upgrades.

Starting to feel like my upgrade bids on Oasis will not be accepted.  18 days away and everything still pending.    We are currently in a JS.

I am on Oasis Feb 27 and Mar 6th.  One of my upgrades was on Feb 27, already accepted.  I have suite on Mar 6th already so did not bid higher on that week.

7 hours ago, Va4fam said:

@Linda R.....what type of room did you have before the upgrade and what did you upgrade to?  Were you aggressive with your bid?

I had a window view previously on first week.  It was an add on cruise with my sister, just for the double points.  Upgraded to Ocean View Balcony for $160 per person.  The second week we have a suite so did not bid on larger suite.  But did get Royal Up for that week also.

We are sailing on Feb 20 on the Oasis.   We had 2 rooms, one was a JS and one balcony.  We royaled up both to a Owner's Suite and a JS, respectively.  Found out about the OS a few days ago and just found out about the junior suite today.  So excited, and they kept our upgraded rooms close to each other .  So, now we just need 5 negative Covid tests and we are all set