Frequently asked questions.

Censored

Is there a thread with frequently asked questions  with Q&A ?   Im very new here and have asked some questions  and have annoyed at least one person in doing so.  Someone once told me there is no such thing as a bad question?   But after having watched Royal Caribbean Blog YouTube live a few times, it appears to me the same questions are asked over and over again.  Its great for newcomers, but even after a few weeks , it becomes mundane IMO.  If a page was created for this, it would eliminate the repeated questions and Matt could just refer the questioner to that page or video.  Things change with Royal, I know, especially currently.,and its good to ask questions that is indeed news. Just saying....

1 hour ago, Edmund said:

If a page was created for this, it would eliminate the repeated questions and Matt could just refer the questioner to that page or video.  

I appreciate the suggestion, but the nature of this site is people posting the same questions over and over.  It's just the way it is, because I think people want to ensure in their exact scenario, they're doing the right thing.

So reading the same question many times doesn't faze me. We're all here to learn and have a better cruise experience.

Certainly you can use the site and message board search feature to find answers to questions you may have. It's a good starting point.

If you can't find an answer that fits your scenario, post a thread asking about it! That's what this site is here for.

59 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Royal Caribbean's FAQs are actually quite good.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq

I was aware of that thanks. Ive joined this group to perhaps discover "inside information" Stuff that Royal doesn't publish. Hacks. How to circumvent the system if you can. Avoidances, must dos, must nots,  Matt does a good job on most of this on video.  Im often surprised as to how much can you talk about Royal on a week to weeks basis?  With so many newcomers,  the questions will keep coming.  so be it. We dont want Matt to lose his job!  lol     Gotta love those super chats!  lol  

Things change so much that it would be a pain to keep one updated. @Matt does a good job with posting articles and videos that recap basically the same things over and over again with the most updated information. A lot of the repeat questions are from people who haven't really taken the time to try and do a search to answer their questions. The information is out there in a variety of formats. Folks often just don't know exactly what they're looking for or they don't want to be bothered.

Personally, I answer the same questions over and over again by directing people to the exact question they are asking in the Royal FAQ. Some of them are so common that I created hotkeys for the links.

If you have any ideas or topics that you'd like for @Matt to explore more in a video or blog post be sure to share. I know he's already looking for new ideas!

I for one would like an FAQ section, but these days the answer to the FAQs change very frequently, especially those related to COVID protocols. There may be questions that have been answered before but the answers no longer apply.  That's the challenge with using the Search function.  Sometimes I mindlessly read from the results not realizing they were answers from years ago.  So I have made my peace with questions that get asked over and over.

7 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Personally, I answer the same questions over and over again by directing people to the exact question they are asking in the Royal FAQ. Some of them are so common that I created hotkeys for the links.

I like helping out this way too.  I like referring people to @Matt's  blog posts or the Royal FAQ.  This is the reason why I always ask for links to Royal fine print and documentation when addressing confusing matters.

46 minutes ago, bryresangel said:

@PG Cruiser where did you get the banner with marking off your cruises at? I love that!

I made it from these

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/2021-2022_Fleet_Guide.pdf

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/RoyalAmplified/18061688_2019_Fleet_Guide.pdf

I find myself really annoyed at people who come on to message boards just to be difficult. Come on - if you don't like the question, just don't read it or answer it! Leave it alone! I don't understand why there are some posters who have to tell you why your question is wrong, or how it would be better if you did it this way (instead of the question you asked) or will just turn up the volume instead of engaging in debate about a topic. Sometimes *maybe* they are trying to be helpful? and they just phrase their response really poorly, but a lot of it feels like people just want to argue & be difficult. And honestly, searching for a thread is not super intuitive or easy in this forum, so even if you look, what you find might be related but not exactly answer your question, or you just get a TON of answers that you would have to weed through. Plus all the stuff that the posters above said!

I was on a board (not this one), arguing a topic- very respectfully, but there was definitely a difference of opinion. I only used words that contributed to the conversation and nothing personal. Because I was firm in my opinion and didn't back down, I was called names, made fun of and cursed at by two different posters. The posts were taken down after I reported them - but why? Was it a power/bullying mindset? Or they can't think of a good counter-argument, so they lashed out? I don't know. I always try to choose my words carefully when answering someone's question and to be as kind & helpful as I can.

This is all just to say that I'm really sorry someone was unhelpful and unpleasant to you, and please keep asking your questions! Many of us on here will ONLY try to be helpful and try not to let the other ones bother you too much...