xSAILEDx FREEDOM - April 4, 2022

Anyone sailing on this cruise?  I just booked this date (moved from April 18) for the 7 family members who can still cruise.  My family group had 31 people in 13 rooms sailing over Easter vacation but sadly 24 can no longer cruise…mostly due to vaccination requirements.  So we now have 5 rooms for 7 cruisers!!  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I assume no one here on the blogs will be cruising on my sailing which is now just 23 days away.  So I have noticed a very strange thing about check-in times and wonder if anyone has seen the same for any of their cruises.  When I checked in at 45 days the earliest time to choose was Noon.  Now 3 weeks later and ALL times are still available to choose for check in except Noon!  Does this mean there are very few people on this cruise???  I remember the times for boarding my cruise on Oasis in November quickly disappeared as more passengers checked in.  But for this cruise to be so close to sailing and still have every time available except the originally offered Noon slot is strange to me! 
If anyone reads this…what are your thoughts?  I am just very curious! 

• 2 weeks later...

Two weeks to go and still no one cruising this sail date?  Checkin times are still wide open ( well except for first 3…there are still 5 times to choose from!).  Does this mean it might be a smaller crowd on board?  Just putting it out there…

Also I was hoping someone else might be on this one so I could find out if my app is the only one acting weird regarding the MDR not showing up!  Oh well…the mystery may never be solved!  Have a great day!

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow the 7 of us will be doing our proctored home tests.  I have 2 laptops ready to go...and an iPad!  Everyone will breath a huge sigh of relief once this requirement is done and we have 7 Negative results to bring with us!  

I think this is the only roll call where no one joined in!  LOL   Hoping it doesn't mean this cruise will be a DUD!  

All 7 Negative!  I am in my final phase of packing and we are heading out on a 6:05am flight to Miami in the morning.  4 of the 7 are first time cruisers so excitement is sky high!  Looking forward to a great vacation, even though it is not what I had originally dreamed of 3 years ago when I first began this journey! Spending time in Miami pre and post cruise so we have 8 days ahead of us to relax…enjoy…and escape!

55 minutes ago, Miss Lissa said:

Hi! 

My mom and I booked last minute two weeks ago and I only just found this roll call!

There's a least two other people on board for the sailing, I can say that. 🤣

We are flying in same day from Canada so we are doing rapid tests tomorrow (1 day before flight). Fingers crossed 🤞 

Melissa 

Hello and welcome to the forums!  I am so happy to finally find out someone else is joining this cruise!  Perhaps we will run into each other during our 4 days…I have faith you will receive negative test results.

14 minutes ago, TinyDancer said:

I was just about to wish you good luck with your COVID tests, PPPJJ-GCVAB, and then saw your post! I remember you because you were originally on the April 18 sailing that I’ll be on. Have a wonderful trip!!!

Thank you so much!  I have to say the home proctored test were pretty straight forward.  I had 2 laptops set up and my son brought his so everyone zoomed through and printed their results.  I am not a “live blogger” kind of person but I will come back to this roll call to provide any info on how our sail goes.  Pretty pumped up!

2 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I am not a “live blogger” kind of person but I will come back to this roll call to provide any info on how our sail goes.  Pretty pumped up!

That would be great — I’d love to hear about it! I’m staying in Miami for a little bit, too. One night pre-cruise in Coral Gables and one night post-cruise at the beach. Can’t wait!!

I am beginning to think someone or something absolutely doesn’t want me to cruise!  Our SWA flight for tomorrow morning was just cancelled with NO flights available leaving from PVD Airport tomorrow!   I am at wits end and on hold with SWA which has over  a 120minute wait time.  I will do whatever it takes to get to Miami by late tomorrow or early Monday morning!   In the meantime I pray I don’t have a heart attack from all this stress!!!       😒😵💫😵💫😤😐😠😳

OMG!!!!!!! I do not envy you that is a nightmare!!! You are making me go double check if there have been any issues with our Monday flight. My mom stresses about that stuff, which is why we usually fly down a day or two earlier, but I'm working tomorrow... 

I'm rooting for you! Hopefully you figure something out. Even maybe flying into a different airport (we had to go with FLL, for example, if we wanted direct). You are in my thoughts and sending good vibes we will all get there in time!

🤗

My update…was on hold with SWA from 10p - 2:30am.  Was able to get three of our group on a flight tonight from PVD to Miami.  But they could not do anything at all for myself, my husband, our son and son-in-law so we had to cancel so we could find another way down to Miami.   I ended up finding a flight Monday morning at 5:45am NS on American arriving in Miami at 8:58am.  The hitch……it leaves from Bradley International Airport in Hartford, CT!  So we are still trying to find someone to pick us up at 2am to get us to that airport!!   Also hefty price to pay for flights, etc.
So this morning I was giving my daughter the whole story and she asked if we were still set flying home on the 9th.  I said oh yes…but when I logged into my SWA acct…NO FLIGHTS HOME!!!!!  The idiot at SWA cancelled everything!  OMG!!!! 😳😱.  So I did find that there are still seats available on the same flight home as before….but at a totally ridiculous price which I of course had to pay!!!

In the meantime I have gotten about 3 hours sleep in the last 2 days and have had to deal with my hubby who just cannot deal with these type of issues!  I cannot tell you how many times he has told me “I will NEVER go anywhere again…##%& it all…cancel everything…” and so on and so on.  Yes this cruise that started out the best idea ever is like a knife that has cut me and cut me and cut me!   
All I can do now is pray and hope that American does not cancel our new flight and we arrive in Miami in time to board at Noon tomorrow.  I told my niece, nephew, and S-I-S….that once we meet up with them… I am going to find the biggest, most alcoholic drink 🍹possible as soon as I board!!

Thanks for listening…I have no idea why I am not crying 😭 my eyes out at this point!  

UPDATE again!   I waited on hold for 3 more hours today because I just didn’t feel that we deserved to pay so much to “rebook” our flights home from Miami.  Finally some sunshine…..the agent was wonderful and allowed us to be refunded for our latest purchase and she rebooked it at the old price…saving us close to $1600 for the 4 tix!  We are still of course not in the clear until our flight takes off at 5:45am…but the extra monies we’ve been doling out since SWA cancelled is at least now a little lighter on our pockets!  
Hopeful that all 7 of my family group will meet up at the port tomorrow and let out a HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF 😮💨 

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

UPDATE again!   I waited on hold for 3 more hours today because I just didn’t feel that we deserved to pay so much to “rebook” our flights home from Miami.  Finally some sunshine…..the agent was wonderful and allowed us to be refunded for our latest purchase and she rebooked it at the old price…saving us close to $1600 for the 4 tix!  We are still of course not in the clear until our flight takes off at 5:45am…but the extra monies we’ve been doling out since SWA cancelled is at least now a little lighter on our pockets!  
Hopeful that all 7 of my family group will meet up at the port tomorrow and let out a HUGE SIGH OF RELIEF 😮💨 

Thank goodness !  You certainly deserve some good news.

I was wondering about you and your flights all day today while I was working.

I have faith that you'll make it! I just spent about an hour triple-checking the US entry requirements because I don't want to mess anything up and forget something. Since they removed the testing requirement for entry into Canada, EVERYONE I have spoken to here this week has said, "Oh! I heard you don't need a test anymore...". Even the pharmacist I saw today for my Antigen test! 🤣

I've spent far more time on the CDC and US Immigration websites than I ever thought I would... so I think when we finally board the ship we'll all be having a nice big drink and sigh of relief. I have a feeling that most people are probably in a similar situation to us  so there'll be a lot of people de-stressing this time tomorrow! 

Cheers!

Hi! Adding 20 more people to this roll call! I booked them all for extended family! Our nightmare of travel is unbelievable as well. Our flight to Miami Saturday evening was also cancelled. We flew to Atlanta early this morning. Currently we’re driving 9 hours from Atlanta to Miami. With so much family going all paid for by Grandma (my mother in law) we were willing to drive from Atlanta, New Orleans or Baton Rouge. We couldn’t get a rental car in Atlanta but luckily 14 of our group came to Orlando on Wednesday and my father in law drove ALL the way to pick us up. Then we get a rental van in Orlando and finish our journey to Miami. We should be there around 1-2am. I hope you make it onboard Monday! Best wishes.  If you see us in matching tie dye hoodies come say hello!

8 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I’m so sorry(!!!) for all your troubles, but glad to hear you had a little good news in the end! I hope your flights go smoothly and that you are all enjoying your first night on the ship this time tomorrow!! 🍀🍹

Hey!  So we made it but certainly not in any way as I expected.  1am Monday morning my phone dinged only to announce that our flight out of Bradley was delayed...6 different times all the way to 3:15pm!!!!!!!!!  I finally felt defeated and extremely sick to my stomach!  I called my son and cried.   Found my composure somehow and got back on the laptop!  2 hours of trying and I absolutely have no idea how but found ONE flight at 5:30a on JetBlue out of Worcester (believe me I never knew there was such an airport!).  Problem was we live at least an hour from there so we would need to leave immediately.  My husband said it was just too close of a call so we couldn't do it.  I called my son and told him I would just keep looking.  I was not giving up!!!  OMG my son texts me a picture showing that the flight had been delayed til 7:55.  It was a nonstop to FLL and would land at 11:15.   This was our ONLY and LAST CHANCE.  So at 3:30am I booked it and we scrambled!!!  Arrived at airport around 5:20 am.  LOL the smallest airport I have ever seen!  Ok...so reason for the delay was that the crew was late.  Ughhh here goes my heart sinking thinking next thing is cancellation if they do not show!!!   Well ..some miracles actually happen!   The agent came over loud speaker to say crew had checked in with the airline and were truly on their way!  They arrived at 7:15 and the 80 people in the gate area cheered and clapped...it was the best feeling ever!!!  I still did not believe this was actually happening...not until we took off and landed in FLL!!!   We did!!!!  We landed at 11am and grabbed a LYFT ride...by 12:40pm we were ONBOARD and in Boleros!!!  I had a Painkiller (pretty decent drink) in my hand and burst out crying!!!!!

Right now we are all hanging in our decks (we have the 5 decks connected and open!!).    

Sorry for the long story and thanks and thanks for the prayers!!  They worked!!

19 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Hey!  So we made it but certainly not in any way as I expected.  1am Monday morning my phone dinged only to announce that our flight out of Bradley was delayed...6 different times all the way to 3:15pm!!!!!!!!!  I finally felt defeated and extremely sick to my stomach!  I called my son and cried.   Found my composure somehow and got back on the laptop!  2 hours of trying and I absolutely have no idea how but found ONE flight at 5:30a on JetBlue out of Worcester (believe me I never knew there was such an airport!).  Problem was we live at least an hour from there so we would need to leave immediately.  My husband said it was just too close of a call so we couldn't do it.  I called my son and told him I would just keep looking.  I was not giving up!!!  OMG my son texts me a picture showing that the flight had been delayed til 7:55.  It was a nonstop to FLL and would land at 11:15.   This was our ONLY and LAST CHANCE.  So at 3:30am I booked it and we scrambled!!!  Arrived at airport around 5:20 am.  LOL the smallest airport I have ever seen!  Ok...so reason for the delay was that the crew was late.  Ughhh here goes my heart sinking thinking next thing is cancellation if they do not show!!!   Well ..some miracles actually happen!   The agent came over loud speaker to say crew had checked in with the airline and were truly on their way!  They arrived at 7:15 and the 80 people in the gate area cheered and clapped...it was the best feeling ever!!!  I still did not believe this was actually happening...not until we took off and landed in FLL!!!   We did!!!!  We landed at 11am and grabbed a LYFT ride...by 12:40pm we were ONBOARD and in Boleros!!!  I had a Painkiller (pretty decent drink) in my hand and burst out crying!!!!!

Right now we are all hanging in our decks (we have the 5 decks connected and open!!).    

Sorry for the long story and thanks and thanks for the prayers!!  They worked!!

YIPPEE !  After all you have been through, I am so very glad that you made it onboard.  Have a GREAT time.  Everyone else arrived ok ?

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

YIPPEE !  After all you have been through, I am so very glad that you made it onboard.  Have a GREAT time.  Everyone else arrived ok ?

Yes...the the other 3 made it to Miami just as I was receiving the text that our American Airlines flight was delayed!  All good and ended better!!   Thanks

Just want to say my family group of 7 cruisers had such an awesome vacation.  Several had never cruised before and absolutely loved every minute…said what they expected was totally not what they experienced!  It was so much better!  
We are so thankful all our pre cruise stress of flight cancellations and nail biting minutes somehow brought us all to Miami in time to board and cruise!

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

We are so thankful all our pre cruise stress of flight cancellations and nail biting minutes somehow brought us all to Miami in time to board and cruise!

I’m so glad it all worked out for you!!! You deserved a good vacation after everything you went through! Is your husband still saying “never again”?

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx FREEDOM - April 4, 2022