Getting from Orlando (MCO) to Port Canaveral and back?

CB30

First time cruiser and I have a few questions on getting from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral... I am flying in the night before the cruise (have a hotel near port) and leaving late on the day we return, again from Orlando airport.

Should I get a shuttle from the airport or rent a car? I know there are parking fees near the port but the the shuttle looks to be about $200 for the four of us and a car for the whole trip is just slightly more. And we are not flying home until late the night of the cruise return so we will need a car (perhaps) after the cruise and before we fly home. Does that seem to be the best approach? Or should we take a shuttle? If so, best shuttle. And how could we navigate the day of cruise return if we don't fly out until nearly 10:00 that night.

Best parking options if we get a car? And lastly, Nassau excursions advice, links? The RC excursions seem pretty expensive and not great.

Sorry for the long post, I am new to cruising and appreciate the feedback/advice.

We have done the Orlando/Cocoa Beach/Port Canaveral thing multiple times, using a rental car.  From Orlando Airport, we took the car to the  motel in Cocoa Beach, and to the rental car agency in Cocoa Beach the next morning, where they had a free shuttle waiting to get us to the cruise port.  We reversed the process at the end of the cruise.

We came from Australia a few years ago and pre booked Cortrans to take us from the terminal back to MCO.  When we got off the ship they offered us a private car at no extra cost. The driver was really nice. The Cortrans team were really friendly as well. To get to the cruise terminal we had a hire car with Alamo. Their building was almost next door to Royal Caribbean so after dropping the car off we just walked over, rather than wait for the bus. It was much quicker.

16 minutes ago, Cruisegirl1976 said:

What we did was took Cocoa Beach Shuttle from the airport to the hotel in cocoa beach, and then after the cruise we rented a car for the day, we had a late flight returning , and drove back to Orlando. 

+1 on Cocoa Beach Shuttle. We had looked into this for our recent sailing and both GoPort and CorTrans were going to cost our group of 5 $125. Cocoa Beach Shuttle was only $95. When we put it into Uber for an estimate, everything came up between $90 to $100 (this was going to be a Saturday night, too) so we didn't want to risk a surge pricing on top of that. We found Cocoa Beach Shuttle to be the easiest and cheapest, and didn't have to worry about the driving myself!