Flexibility in Size of Carry On Drinks?

KD412

Hello everyone! Question, possibly overthought one 😂, on carrying drinks on. I know you can carry on two bottles of wine and 12 17 oz containers of other drinks. We’d like to bring some Gatorade on but they don’t make 17 oz containers. I’m wondering if we have to settle for bringing less than the alotted max woth 12 12 oz bottles, or if they accept the max ounces, so could we do 10 20 ounces, still under the 204 ounces people bringing 12 17 ounces would have… 

What are other’s experiences with drinks that don’t offer that exact size? Thanks!

The rules are as written - 12 17oz max containers per cabin. It's the folks at security who are monitoring this. Whether they pay attention to the bottle sizes or not, it will depend on the person. I do think they'd be more likely to pay attention to the count of 12 than the actual bottle sizes. However, you can't be disappointed if they don't allow the 20oz bottles since it's clearly written that 17oz is the max.

I have personally taken on a couple of 20 oz soda bottles before and no one said anything, but I wasn't carrying on any more than 2 bottles in that instance.

It is hit or miss. During the past five cruises, since October, only one security person questioned our beverages. We combined all our beverages into one roll on ice chest and had to show we had 2 staterooms and not just one. None of the five Ports seemed to care about size though.