Love and Marriage Game Show

Shelly

Watched it twice on Liberty of the Seas on our B2B at the end of October and beginning of November.  It was great and my girlfriend loved it.  They are using a single microphone for each couple and setting them a good distance away from each other with a helper to hold the microphone for the person talking.  

I told my girlfriend we could easily win if we get married the day before or on the cruise.  We know each other very well and were laughing at all the tame answers.  We hands down have one of the best and most unique places we have ever made "whoopie" after we joined the 650' underground club.

My wife and I got on stage for that while on the Mariner in 2020. They tend to pull people from the crowd for newly weds, been married for a bit, and a couple married for a long time. I suppose you just really need to show you're excited. I feel like they take the newest married couple and the longest in the crowd. We happened to get it because we were still in our wedding attire from getting married a few hours prior on the ship.

1 hour ago, Boardgamer said:

They tend to pull people from the crowd for newly weds, been married for a bit, and a couple married for a long time. 

Agreed.  The newer the newlywed the better your chances.  Often there is a couple married within the last week or two who end up there.  The next one is the couple married the longest.  I think ours was around 50 years or so most of the time.  After that you have to beat on your chest to be the best "Tarzan" as the guy and the best "Jane" calling for her Tarzan.  So having a wife who shouts out nice and breathy, "Tarzan, Tarzan.... Where is my Tarzan?"  And having your guy do something funny or shocking is the best way to get onto the stage.  Last one we watched the husband picked his wife up and started running around with her on his shoulder.  The "middle" group is the hardest one to get in on since they usually ask for between 10 and 40 years so prep accordingly.  

• 1 year later...

Any idea if this has started back up- specifically oasis class ships. Going on Harmony in may and wonder in July. You do not sign up ahead of time like the feature shows (on oasis class) do you? You just see it on the cruise plans and show up like karaoke for example?

They had it on the Wonder this month.  Newlyweds were selected by who was married the shortest time.  The oldest married couple was selected by who was married the longest. The fun part was selecting the middle couple...They picked four or five couples who had been married between a certain number of years.  They brought them down in front of the stage and had them show how much passion they still had for each other...Quite funny.

9 hours ago, Nsmith said:

Any idea if this has started back up- specifically oasis class ships. Going on Harmony in may and wonder in July. You do not sign up ahead of time like the feature shows (on oasis class) do you? You just see it on the cruise plans and show up like karaoke for example?

Yep...had it on Oasis in February..and very funny! the couples they picked were all really good sports and played along great. the funny thing is we actually missed it live, but they kept replaying it on the in-house entertainment channel in the room, so we watched it in bits and pieces over like 3 nights while getting ready in the room each evening

16 minutes ago, tjcruisers said:

My wife wants to be a contestant and keeps bringing it up every cruise. I keep saying no way. Too many questions I'd have to answer with a lie, otherwise I'd be sleeping on the balcony

That is the same with my husband and I.  I have learned not to ask to keep peace in our relationship.  I am a tell all girl while he won't say boo about anything personal to a stranger much less a room full of strangers. 

On 2/7/2022 at 8:59 AM, Shelly said:

My husband and I will be on the Oasis of the Seas, on May 22, 2022.  This is also our 30th Wedding Anniversary.  I think it would be fun to be on that Game show.   How do you sign up?   

Congratulations for 30 Years.

There's an outside chance you might be the longest married couple on a smaller ship, but Oasis will have a few couples in the 40-50 year range.  Most likely you have to earn your spot by volunteering and having to do the Tarzan dance or kiss in front of the audience.

2 hours ago, FireFishII said:

That is the same with my husband and I.  I have learned not to ask to keep peace in our relationship.  I am a tell all girl while he won't say boo about anything personal to a stranger much less a room full of strangers. 

My wife and I are the same way lol. She is an over sharer and I am the far opposite. I love to watch the show though