Broken Pay Online & App

RBo

Is it just me, or is anyone else having problems paying a remaining balance online or via the app?

Got the email reminder about making final payment for my March 20 Odyssey cruise due February 20. So I thought I'd go ahead and get that out of the way a little early. I fired up the app, clicked the button to Pay remaining balance, entered my reservation number, last name, and when I try to select my ship, no ship names appeared in the drop-down. I even entered the departure date and still no luck. It won't let me past without the ship name. I feel like Heimdall the Gatekeeper is blocking the portal. Ugh...

image.png.67869c2f3010d67eb7251177c7293a7a.png

Before anyone suggests i shouldn't sweat it, my TA will handle it, I booked this cruise directly with Royal.

I tried going through the C&A website and selected to pay via the Manage my cruise link. Still no ships show up.

I tried all the cache clearing & security tricks, tried 4 different browsers.

image.png.437403b9de3d757635f41875a13d0883.png

ROYAL. PLEASE. TAKE. MY. MONEY! I don't have time to sit on hold for an hour tomorrow!

Yes I have encountered this issue too. I use FireFox.   It *seemed* to occur if I started browsing different things on the RC web site, then logged to my Royal Caribbean account, then tried to make a cruise payment.  I found if I logged off, killed the browser, then launched a new browser and went through the payment process again, the drop down menu with ship names worked correctly.  Make sure to kill the browser and not just open a new tab on a already running browser.  

I am unsure if this is a FireFox bug or an RC web bug.

Yes. It’s been this way for awhile. No drop down menu to choose your ship, and…no ship, no service!

I tried the app and the website, both have the same issue.

Also, when I call and try to use the automated system to make a payment…or get a confirmation…it keeps asking for my travel agency number. Even though I pushed #2 indicating I’m not a travel agent and made my booking directly with Royal. That’s been happening for a couple weeks, so far.

So….just got to call and go through all the menus, listen to the recordings and wait. The only bright side of it is I always get friendly and courteous service from whichever agent I get connected to. But, it would be much easier using the app or the website.

I spent one hour calling on Friday to make a payment of $50 balance. The email I received had conflicting information that I owed but yet also said I had no balance. The rep had a hard time trying to figure out where the balance was from. And when he found it he did not have a way to apply yhe payment. He called their IT support and said it was some issue on their "back end." 

On Saturday, the next day, I received an email about non payment and my cruise purchase was canceled. However, my credit card reflected said charge. Of course, this email was sent after they closed. 

On Sunday, I called and spent another hour explaning the whole situation and getting it resolved. Again they had a hard time finding the issue, applying payment and credits. I was told it was  problem on the "back end" and this time with the accounting department. 

Good Luck. I hope you get this resolved easier and sooner than I did. I think now I am convinced of using a TA from now on. 

36 minutes ago, BrianB said:

Also, when I call and try to use the automated system to make a payment…or get a confirmation…it keeps asking for my travel agency number. Even though I pushed #2 indicating I’m not a travel agent and made my booking directly with Royal. That’s been happening for a couple weeks, so far.

I'm glad it's not just me. I was making a final payment through my TA over the weekend and the math wasn't adding up on how much I was charged vs. my final balance.

Could be RC being all messed up vs. my TA making a mistake.

18 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm glad it's not just me. I was making a final payment through my TA over the weekend and the math wasn't adding up on how much I was charged vs. my final balance.

Could be RC being all messed up vs. my TA making a mistake.

I've experienced in the past, but it cleared up after a few days. Its a bug.

I have the same issue.  I thought I had it figured out as the amount I still owed was the exact amount of a specialty dining reservation made and canceled through the web Cruise Planner.  I have made 3 calls with multiple hours of hold time combined and still no resolution.  I have an incident number (basically a bug report) that was finally opened by a "supervisor" and was told to try making the payment again in about a week!!  The real issue is I do not owe it!!  It has been 2 weeks and I am currently on hold for another yet another try for resolution. 

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Looks like they fixed the reservation lookup ship dropdown menu issue.

The automated line still seems messed up though

Yep, I fired up the app and paid the remaining balance...and got got the error saying payment couldn't be confirmed.

See the source image