Next RC Planner Sale?

On 2/6/2022 at 9:50 AM, San Diego Garrett said:

Does anyone know when the next Planner Sale will be? Thanks!

‘This morning DBP for the 3/25 Wonder OTS sailing was 30% off at $61/day …… it’s the cheapest I’ve seen it ….. same price we’d get on board as our first time being Diamond Plus for that sailing.

21 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Purchased an excursion for late June on Monday at "15% off." Same excursion is $3 per person higher today at "20% off." 

Royal math strikes again!

Excursion prices routinely go up and down as demand and sales trend.  

I've saved hundreds repricing excursions outside of sale events.  One day I'd check and bam one excursion has gone down 40%.  People find it and book it then the price goes up.  That's what Royal does.  They are totally into data mining and adjusting rates based on analytics.  

The concept that anything on a Royal ship has a fixed price is fundamentally flawed.  The percent off is the "percent off today".  

Is it normal not to see anything on sale at all? I've been reserved for Wonder of the Seas in September for the past few months, and nothing has been on sale since booking, despite all the emails Royal Caribbean is sending. Don't know if being switched from Allure to Wonder would have any effect on that or not.

49 minutes ago, twangster said:

Excursion prices routinely go up and down as demand and sales trend.  

The concept that anything on a Royal ship has a fixed price is fundamentally flawed.  The percent off is the "percent off today".

Demand and sales didn't change enough for a beach excursion between Monday and today for "15% off" to be $39.99 (full price ~$47.00) and "20% off" to be $42.99 (full price ~$54.00). That's a 15% increase in the ever-fluctuating base price for an excursion that will never be "sold out."

1 hour ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Demand and sales didn't change enough for a beach excursion between Monday and today for "15% off" to be $39.99 (full price ~$47.00) and "20% off" to be $42.99 (full price ~$54.00). That's a 15% increase in the ever-fluctuating base price for an excursion that will never be "sold out."

It can change daily, just like cruise fares.  Seriously there are blink and you missed it moments daily.  

40 minutes ago, daha699 said:

the cruise i was looking at went up by $400 i should have booked last week was much cheaper , maybe next week it will drop again , who knows,   "WOW" HeHe

Prices do change…higher, lower, according to different sales.  My advice is book when you see a price you like…because you can always call and get a lower price anytime up until 48 hours before sailing.  Lol my family laughs at me because once I have a cruise booked it becomes a ritual for me to check the pricing pretty much daily!  And I will say I have saved quite a bit!  Not that I am a frequent cruiser either…although that is my ultimate goal!!!

9 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Prices do change…higher, lower, according to different sales.  My advice is book when you see a price you like…because you can always call and get a lower price anytime up until 48 hours before sailing.  Lol my family laughs at me because once I have a cruise booked it becomes a ritual for me to check the pricing pretty much daily!  And I will say I have saved quite a bit!  Not that I am a frequent cruiser either…although that is my ultimate goal!!!

Thank your for the advice ..