eg-1-30-22-217.jpg

Turkey & Cranberry

eg-1-30-22-218.jpg

Getting sunset value from my upgrade on this cruise

eg-1-30-22-209.jpg

eg-1-30-22-210.jpg

eg-1-30-22-211.jpg

eg-1-30-22-212.jpg

I was hoping to catch the elusive green flash but not tonight.

Late dinner tonight at the Rooftop Grill

eg-1-30-22-221.jpg

eg-1-30-22-219.jpg

eg-1-30-22-220.jpg

Sage Mule

eg-1-30-22-222.jpg

Smoked Chicken Wings

eg-1-30-22-223.jpg

Train Wreck Fries

eg-1-30-22-224.jpg

Hickory Smoked Brisket

eg-1-30-22-225.jpg

Vegetable Kabobs

eg-1-30-22-226.jpg

eg-1-30-22-227.jpg

Mason Jar Smores

eg-1-30-22-228.jpg

Some stars out again tonight.

eg-1-30-22-213.jpg

Looking up towards the Sunset Bar.

eg-1-30-22-214.jpg

6 hours ago, twangster said:

Royal doesn't list Roatan as a port where vaccinated guests are required to book a ship excursion. I wonder why Celebrity would be different.  I'm in Roatan next month on Liberty and have a private tour booked so I hope this is not a change for all cruise lines.

2 hours ago, wordell1 said:

Royal doesn't list Roatan as a port where vaccinated guests are required to book a ship excursion. I wonder why Celebrity would be different.  I'm in Roatan next month on Liberty and have a private tour booked so I hope this is not a change for all cruise lines.

Not sure.  

It is listed on their website:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/us-travel-requirements

866918948_ScreenShot2022-02-06at10_27_07AM.thumb.jpg.ba6709ae77a0262d1f8b6d7ab6375ca1.jpg

The early dinner in Cyprus was to make sure I was done in time for the 7pm showing of Kaleidoscope in the theater.

eg-1-30-22-256.jpg

With so few guests on board I had the front row (minus one for social distancing)  to myself.

eg-1-30-22-257.jpg

eg-1-30-22-258.jpg

Despite playing to nearly empty theater the cast didn't hold back and gave it everything.

eg-1-30-22-259.jpg

eg-1-30-22-260.jpg

eg-1-30-22-261.jpg

eg-1-30-22-262.jpg

Well done!

38 minutes ago, twangster said:

Dinner tonight in Cyprus.

eg-1-30-22-246.jpg

eg-1-30-22-247.jpg

eg-1-30-22-248.jpg

eg-1-30-22-249.jpg

Taverna Salad

eg-1-30-22-250.jpg

Lamb Shank Tagine

eg-1-30-22-251.jpg

Dessert Menu

eg-1-30-22-252.jpg

Giaourti Me Meli

eg-1-30-22-253.jpg

Baked Alaska

eg-1-30-22-254.jpg

Upon check in the host/hostess will provide a bag for your mask.  Tuscany also did this.  Makes sense as opposed to putting your mask on the table or in your pocket.

eg-1-30-22-255.jpg

Exactly what my wife needed

Odds and ends.

The cabins on Edge have a WiFi access point right inside the cabin. This is a much better design compared to other cruise lines (cough, cough Royal Caribbean) that place the access points in the hallway.

eg-1-30-22-277.jpg

The phones have a USB charging port on the side

eg-1-30-22-278.jpg

The ship's Captain and Master.

eg-1-30-22-291.jpg

Our progress...

eg-1-30-22-293.jpg

Debarkation started for self assist guests at 7:20am.

From the moment I left my cabin I never stopped walking.

7:25am

eg-1-30-22-296.jpg

7:26am

eg-1-30-22-297.jpg

7:27am

eg-1-30-22-298.jpg

Facial recognition for CBP.

Outside at 7:30am

eg-1-30-22-299.jpg

The parking garage for drive to cruise guests. 7:33am

eg-1-30-22-300.jpg

Port Everglades parking rates.

eg-1-30-22-301.jpg

One last look from the parking garage over to Odyssey of the Seas

eg-1-30-22-302.jpg

... and to the Edge.

eg-1-30-22-303.jpg

2 hours ago, Army_Vet_Cruiser said:

Fantastic write-up! Quick question regarding drink prices with the premium package. I'm used to the royal UDP which covers up to $13,  does celebrity have the same price cut off? I saw Eden didn't have anything below  $20 

The Premium Package covers drinks up to $15.  At Eden you can still order regular bar drinks, you don't have to limit yourself to their special Eden cocktails.

20 hours ago, twangster said:

Now that I am well established in Eden it's time for breakfast in Eden.

The app is a little confusing because it says Eden Cafe is open yet the times state Lunch starting at noon.  Nonetheless Eden Cafe is open on select days for breakfast.

This is not be confused with Eden the dinner restaurant.  Eden Cafe is a different venue and it is complimentary.

eg-1-30-22-151.jpg

eg-1-30-22-153.jpg

eg-1-30-22-150.jpg

eg-1-30-22-152.jpg

Not pictured is a specialty coffee station which is covered by the Premium Beverage package.

eg-1-30-22-154.jpg

There is also an outdoor seating area and I love outdoor seating areas for breakfast and lunch on a ship.

Steak and Egg Bagel with a Good Start Wrap.

eg-1-30-22-155.jpg

Not sure if you experienced this, but early in our Edge cruise not a lot of folks knew about the the Eden cafe.  it stayed pretty empty first part of the cruise.   By the end, it was packed - great panini offerings.  (Similar to Park Cafe getting ignored on embarkation day)

7 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

Not sure if you experienced this, but early in our Edge cruise not a lot of folks knew about the the Eden cafe.  it stayed pretty empty first part of the cruise.   By the end, it was packed - great panini offerings.  (Similar to Park Cafe getting ignored on embarkation day)

The same things happens with cafe270 on Quantum class.  Best kept secret until it isn't.  

23 hours ago, twangster said:

Eden in daylight.

To get to Eden one must pass through the hall of mirrors.  I'm not sure that is the name but it should be.  Things that make you go hmmm.  Pretty cool.

eg-1-30-22-78.jpg

eg-1-30-22-75.jpg

Some pictures with day break upon us.

eg-1-30-22-71.jpg

eg-1-30-22-72.jpg

I see some great sea day seating opportunities.

eg-1-30-22-73.jpg

eg-1-30-22-74.jpg

eg-1-30-22-76.jpg

Blu is back this way if you are in Aqua Class.

eg-1-30-22-77.jpg

We met some folks that had mobility issues.  They did not venture through the dark forest (on their first exploration of the ship) thinking it was just an art exhibit.   Other friends were talking to them about wanting to find Eden, and they were  astonished that they almost missed it until nearly the  end of the cruise.  I thought it was a pretty cool feature.  (Apex has a different entry to Eden that's fully lit. (As will Beyond).

Cruise Summary

Now that I've had a few days to think over this experience I can best sum it up in one word...  Amazing.

To cancel or not in these crazy times is a personal decision that everyone should make based on their own circumstances.  Like some of you I too considered this leading up to this cruise.  I am so glad I didn't cancel.  

We made all of our scheduled port stops and no shows or events were cancelled on board.  At no point did the pandemic cast a dark cloud over the cruise and it was never something that came up in conversation.

At some point soon ships will begin to fill up again and I don't know if I'll have another opportunity to sail such an amazing ship with so few guests.  I never felt unsafe.  In fact I felt safer on board Edge compared to how I feel running errands around my hometown.  

The crew were all exceptional.  The more I cruise the more I realize it's the crew that makes cruises so fantastic.  Without great crew you just have an empty vessel.  

Edge is an amazing ship that is a great evolution for Celebrity yet you can see the subtle details to remind you it's a Celebrity ship.   

The theater shows were strong and innovative making great use of the style of stage installed on Edge.  The use of the video wall added depth and color.   There were many other live music performers at various venues around the ship.

Eden is a pretty cool space.  It reminds me a lot of the Two70 area on Royal's Quantum class but has much different decor and functionality.  The Eden restaurant was better than I anticipated and the Eden cafe became a go to breakfast alternative.  It's a great place to hang out on a sea day too with those amazing aft views.

I really enjoyed Le Petit Chef.  Such a unique experience and I thought the food was very good.

I didn't set out to capture the pictures and video that I did but with so few guests on board it was an incredible opportunity to learn E-class and take lots of pictures without crowds on board.

I enjoyed this cruise immensely.  I hope you enjoyed following along and I thank you for viewing. 

Thanks again for blogging your Edge cruise.  We have never been on Celebrity but had 3 cruises on Celebrity moved from 2020 to now 2022.  You sure gave us a very good overview and important information on Celebrity along with great pics as always!  We are Diamond Plus with Royal so will be going on as Elite.  We are going on a 6 night in July in the Retreat on Equinox and an 8 night in the Aqua Class in August.  The Edge wasn't available at that time of year.  The price at the time of our booking for the 6 night was less in the Retreat with the all the onboard credit and premium included than the Aqua Class.  That will never happen again I'm sure.  I'm just realistic not pessimistic.  So we definitely pulled the trigger!   We are more balcony people with an unlimited dining package couple!  We both love to go on as many cruises as possible with limited vacation time.   Retirement can't come soon enough.  Now if we won the lottery we would explore other options too I'm sure!  I love all the great adventures and activities people do.  I love to try many new things that people share!  Please keep sharing all your great experiences Twangster!  Much appreciated!