Earliest Boarding Time?

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

How many days before sailing does the check-in opens up? I reserved my cruise on 14th, paid yesterday and got an immediate check-in option and got 1pm for 3/6 Odyssey.

We will be in FLL overnight so wondering what happens if I just arrive early?

Mainly don't want to miss reserving the activities (north star, ripcord etc).

Usually, check-in will open up 45 days before your sail date. Since you booked within 45 days, I guess check-in is immediately available.

I cannot speak for general (non-suite, Key, etc.) boarding in FLL at this time, but I believe they will not let you board before your assigned check-in window. We purchased The Key for this sailing (we’re not in a suite) and when we arrived early by about 45 minutes, they just let us in to wait in one of two lines reserved for suite and The Key guests. We had the 11:00-11:30 window and arrived at 10:15. Not sure if this is the norm as they only asked us if we had the Key and never checked the check-in time in our case.

So far I have cruised from Bayonne eleven times since September. I posted before how they need to do a better job accommodating the long lines that form outside the terminal. Especially in NJ winter weather. Sometimes, with the decreased capacity and most passengers not arriving until their allotted time, there was no line and they just admitted anyone who showed up. Other times, many ignored their times and showed up early…or the ship was delayed, and the line wrapped around the end of the building. It was chaotic and there was very little information or direction. Usually, there was one port worker with an electric bullhorn at the front shouting instructions that couldn’t be heard unless you were within a few yards of him. There is a sign for Star Class Suite guests and they also receive pre-arrival instructions from their Genie so they get immediate priority. There is also a Key sign…but it’s at the head of the general boarding line, not by itself, so it’s not obvious. I have not seen any other priorities ie; Diamond Plus, Pinnacle, Sky or Sea Class Suites. 
What I usually do is get the Key…then I walk past all the people (glaring at me) and go right to the bullhorn guy and show my boarding pass with the Key on it and he lets me pass. Several times before I had the Key, I would walk to the front and show my boarding pass with the current time on it and he would let me pass. Still…I’m sure there are other passengers who are there on time but are stuck in the mass of the early arrivals. Hopefully, they will get more workers and barriers out there so they can divide the lines by their allotted times and at least give a semblance of order. I think that would go a long way in making it easier for the passengers. Oh, and if this is going to be a long term issue, they should invest in better weather protection outside the terminal. There is virtually no cover from wind blown rain and the cold of NJ in winter. Just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't cruised since the start of the pandemic, so this looks very different to me.  😉  My first cruise back will be on Allure in June.  Does check-in time at the 90 day (or 45) mark now make a difference in your boarding time?  Do I have to check-in immediately to get a early boarding time?

3 hours ago, wrh2016 said:

I haven't cruised since the start of the pandemic, so this looks very different to me.  😉  My first cruise back will be on Allure in June.  Does check-in time at the 90 day (or 45) mark now make a difference in your boarding time?  Do I have to check-in immediately to get a early boarding time?

Yes, people choose their boarding times based on the order they check in.  Do you need to check in immediately, no. It’s not like Southwest Airlines where you need to be waiting for the exact check in time and pounce in order to get a good boarding position.  That being said, try to check in the day it opens because earliest boarding times do fill up and the earlier your boarding time, the less likely the terminal will be chaos.

4 hours ago, putinbay said:

We're on the Wonder on March 11th. We were given a check-in time of 2:30 PM. That seems pretty late to me.

How strict are they on check-in times? 

Strictly enforced. We are on the same sailing with a 11:30am check in time. Early checkin goes quickly soon as it opens up. 

Question about a group of 9 rooms and 18 people to check in.

1. What is actually needed to do the check in online on a computer?

2. I have all the rooms grouped under 2 sign ons in the cruise planners, is this where I will be checking in to get boarding times?

3. Is there anything else I have to be aware of when checking in?

June 11th SOS

Thanks all,

My Doctor Who celebrity/fan group is cruising on vision of the Seas on the April 18th departure out of Port Everglades.  A number of us were online in the wee hours of the night as soon as the check-in window opened the other day, and quite a few of us got the 11 a.m. check-in time.  By the next day others were reporting nothing earlier than 11:30 available hope that info helps you.

• 1 year later...

I am going on Anthem of the Seas in April 2023.  I did the check in on the app as soon as it opened up.  I set an alarm for 12:01 am on the day it was announced that checkin would be available. I did, however, keep checking it frequently before then. I made sure I had the info required to check in ready to go.  That was very important and expedited the process. I was able to get a 10:30 am boarding time.  I haven't seen an earlier time than that.

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2022 at 4:26 AM, EmptyNestTravels said:

What's the earliest boarding time that's usually available on Royal?  So far, the earliest I've seen has been 12:00 noon.  I presume the earlier a person checks-in (via the Royal app) prior to the cruise, the earlier boarding time they would receive?  Wondering what time is the earliest slot in the quest to be one of the first and enjoy more time onboard.

Hi friend

The earliest boarding time on Royal Caribbean cruises typically starts around 12:00 noon. Checking in early via the Royal app may increase the chances of getting an earlier slot and maximizing your onboard time. Happy cruising! ⚓🛳️.

On 3/31/2023 at 8:38 PM, ChallengeGal said:

made sure I had the info required to check in ready to go.  That was very important and expedited the process.

For future reference and for anyone else, you could have just chosen 10:30 in the app & gone back to sleep. You can fill out everything else later. The app saves your check-in time once selected.

10 hours ago, Aashi said:

Hi friend

The earliest boarding time on Royal Caribbean cruises typically starts around 12:00 noon. Checking in early via the Royal app may increase the chances of getting an earlier slot and maximizing your onboard time. Happy cruising! ⚓🛳️.

Maybe, but I've never gotten a time later than 11:00.

12 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

For future reference and for anyone else, you could have just chosen 10:30 in the app & gone back to sleep. You can fill out everything else later. The app saves your check-in time once selected.

THIS. Just woke up at 3 am for my Alaskan cruise. Well, I didn't actually set an alarm, I am a light sleeper so when I was up in the middle of the night and saw it was after 3 am ET (midnight PT where the ships sails out of Seattle) I snagged 10:30 check in times and went back to sleep!