Double Cruise Credits for a junior suite?

Gisser

1 hour ago, Gisser said:

Hi all. I know that we get double cruise credits for staying in a suite. Do we also get double credits if we stay in a junior suite? (Not asking about the current double up promos). Also, what perks do you miss out on in a junior versus higher level suite. Thanks!

For the most part, it's better to think of a junior suite as a larger balcony room with a better bathroom (shower/tub instead of tiny shower) and walk-in closet (depending on ship class).  You also get the extra point per night.  (Extra not double, because you can also get an extra point for being solo.)  Real suite perks start with Grand Suite.

42 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

For the most part, it's better to think of a junior suite as a larger balcony room with a better bathroom (shower/tub instead of tiny shower) and walk-in closet (depending on ship class).  You also get the extra point per night.  (Extra not double, because you can also get an extra point for being solo.)  Real suite perks start with Grand Suite.

This.  You get the double points for the junior suite.

For more reference from RC:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/how-many-cruise-points-will-i-earn

For instance, My last cruise I booked a junior suite with 2 occupants during a double points promotion and received 16 points for a 4 night cruise. (2 points per night for booking a suite *2 for booking during a promotion = 4 points per night * 4 nights = 16 points.).  

I was traveling with my family of 5 and also booked an interior stateroom that can fit 4.  If I had to do it again, I would have put everyone but me in the interior room.  Then had an extra key made to give to my wife. 

Then I would have gotten 24 points (3/night for booking a solo suite * 2 (double points promotion) *4 (nights)=24), instead of 16.