Adventure of the Seas

D D

Hi, I just got back from booking a Junior Suite on Adventure of the seas Jan 17-21.   I did not do the royal up program (booked it with the original reservation so that I could choose my room, as I wanted the room to be close to that of our kids), and had never stayed in anything but an interior room prior.  Adventure had the cheapest suites I'd ever seen.  

I can tell you the difference between a balcony and a junior suite on that boat are:

1.A bathtub rather than a shower in the bathroom.  This was the 1st time I've ever had a bathtub on a cruise and it was deeper then I expected.

2.More space to move around in.  We booked an interior room across the hall from the junior suite and it worked well to have the junior suite as a meeting place.  It gets crowded in an interior room with more than say 2 people in it.  The junior suite seemed like it could fit all of us comfortably.  It has a king bed and a seating area with a pull out couch, a coffee table, and 2 additional chairs.  There are also 2 chairs and a table on the balcony, and a pull out chair.

3.A walk in closet with a door and light, This was nice as someone could change in there while someone else was using the bathroom.

4.wider balcony, I believe.

I can also tell you that this is an excellent sailing to attempt to bid up.  As of a few weeks ago on our sailing there were a ton of open rooms and suites.    For reference there is some youtube tours of the junior suite which were exact to what I found in my room.

Highly recommend that you do a mock booking and see what it would cost to pay for an upgrade. Two weeks ago, it was less expensive to do that than place the minimum bid. The bid process is handled by a third party that gets a commission for booking empty cabins. We have also discovered that some cabins are not even available and still taking bids. I guess this third party hopes someone cancels and they can fill it and cash in. Personally, I would not pay or bid more than $100 to upgrade if I was solo. When do you sail? We are on Adventure 02/09.

Another issue is that when you do the upgrade through the bidding process you only get the points of your previous category from my understanding.  So upgrading from an interior to a balcony isn't a big deal point wise but upgrading to something that would already net you extra points is not as worth it.

Can't remember the bonus points for a suite solo but I am thinking it's like 3 or 4 points per day (not including double points from the promotions that were running) where a single room would be 2 points per day.

If you are in the points race it's not worth doing a royal up bid.

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

Highly recommend that you do a mock booking and see what it would cost to pay for an upgrade. Two weeks ago, it was less expensive to do that than place the minimum bid. The bid process is handled by a third party that gets a commission for booking empty cabins. We have also discovered that some cabins are not even available and still taking bids. I guess this third party hopes someone cancels and they can fill it and cash in. Personally, I would not pay or bid more than $100 to upgrade if I was solo. When do you sail? We are on Adventure 02/09.

I leave the 14th from Galveston.  When I looked today about a mock booking, there were no junior suites shown.  That is why I thought of doing the royal up, unless I risk it and see if there is anything open on embarkation day and get it that way.

4 hours ago, D D said:

Thought of bidding on a junior suite (currently booked un a balcony room), but wanted to see if it is worth doing.  I'm travelling solo and it's my first cruise, but before I bid, I wanted to get some advice on this.   

D D, you do you!  I just got off Navigator traveling solo and had a jr. suite.  I placed a minimum bid on Royal Up and got it.  Personally I loved the expedited check-in when boarding, and truly enjoyed all of the space (compared to the interior room I had on my last cruise).  If you have the $$ available for a bid, and want to try it out, why not?

10 hours ago, BeachGal said:

D D, you do you!  I just got off Navigator traveling solo and had a jr. suite.  I placed a minimum bid on Royal Up and got it.  Personally I loved the expedited check-in when boarding, and truly enjoyed all of the space (compared to the interior room I had on my last cruise).  If you have the $$ available for a bid, and want to try it out, why not?

Oh certainly to each their own if you've got the cash to spare. And I didn't think about the other perks of being in a suite (expedited check-in, etc.) -- those are great perks to have. But merely for the purpose of the extra space, I don't know if it's worth it for one person. If you've got a bed, a couch, and a balcony in a stateroom, what else do you really need for the little amount of time you spend there? My thinking was that you can have a great experience doing something off the ship in a cool place for the same money. But I'm not saying she unequivocally shouldn't by any means! It's still a nice perk to have for a little extra money.

19 hours ago, akya said:

Hi, I just got back from booking a Junior Suite on Adventure of the seas Jan 17-21.   I did not do the royal up program (booked it with the original reservation so that I could choose my room, as I wanted the room to be close to that of our kids), and had never stayed in anything but an interior room prior.  Adventure had the cheapest suites I'd ever seen.  

I can tell you the difference between a balcony and a junior suite on that boat are:

1.A bathtub rather than a shower in the bathroom.  This was the 1st time I've ever had a bathtub on a cruise and it was deeper then I expected.

2.More space to move around in.  We booked an interior room across the hall from the junior suite and it worked well to have the junior suite as a meeting place.  It gets crowded in an interior room with more than say 2 people in it.  The junior suite seemed like it could fit all of us comfortably.  It has a king bed and a seating area with a pull out couch, a coffee table, and 2 additional chairs.  There are also 2 chairs and a table on the balcony, and a pull out chair.

3.A walk in closet with a door and light, This was nice as someone could change in there while someone else was using the bathroom.

4.wider balcony, I believe.

I can also tell you that this is an excellent sailing to attempt to bid up.  As of a few weeks ago on our sailing there were a ton of open rooms and suites.    For reference there is some youtube tours of the junior suite which were exact to what I found in my room.

I didn't mention it, but another perk to the junior suite is an in-room espresso machine with complimentary espresso.

It's convenient if you drink espresso/coffee to not have to leave the room to get your caffeine fix in the morning, if that's your thing.

17 hours ago, D D said:

I leave the 14th from Galveston.  When I looked today about a mock booking, there were no junior suites shown.  That is why I thought of doing the royal up, unless I risk it and see if there is anything open on embarkation day and get it that way.

The 14th as in 10 days from now, Feb 14, 2022?  I'd be surprised if they were still accepting Royal Up bids this close to sailing.  As mentioned above, you won't get the extra points for sailing in a suite if you use Royal Up and there aren't really any suite perks for a Junior Suite.  So the only thing you are getting is a bigger room and bathroom which you may not need when sailing solo.