Specialty Dining Packages

RedRambler

Online RC offers 3, 4, and 5 night specialty dining packages, but the description is left kind of vague.   Are these packages open to all specialty locations and can you mix, match and repeat to total the number of dinners purchased?  For example if someone purchased a 5 night could they have dinner in Chops all 5 times?  Not that I would do this, but we do have some favorites that we would prefer to revisit rather than having to go to a different specialty dinner.

I've done the 5 night and truly enjoyed it for the savings and ability to try a number of restaurants or several items in the same one. The only downside is that you can only book one of the reservations before boarding and that must be on one of the first two nights.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I know this has been covered extensively but I just wanted to clarify something ... 

How are the a la carte restaurants on Oasis class ships handled? (Izumi, Sabor) ... can you do the Hibatchi option at Izumi? So, say if I wanted to do Giovanni's one night, Izumi one, and then Sabor one?

For a la carte meals, it is my understanding that you get a credit allowance for your meal.  If you go over that allowance then the rest will be added to your sea pass account. 

Yes thats right, when you purchase the dining packages you get a 30.00 credit to any of the a la cart type restaurants.  

Hibachi was included for me, if you want two meats you just pay an extra 5.00.

• 2 weeks later...

I know we have to reserve the specialty restaurants once onboard but was wondering about the menu rotation for a 12nt cruise in the main dining room if anyone has any information on it.

For the specialty restaurant packages this is what it says

"First courtesy dinner reservation will be made for Day 1 or Day 2

Make additional reservations on your first day onboard to guarantee preferred dining time and restaurants

Our staff can add your kids to your existing reservation at kids prices once onboard

For restaurants with a la carte pricing, package includes a 30 credit towards the food portion of your bill"

• 2 weeks later...

Please clarify if you book the 3 night package in advance for the 12 night cruise do you have to book one restaurant for the first or second night? If the menu rotation for the main dining room is not available in advance how do you find out the menu rotation for the main dining room once on board? Also, does anyone know if there is a lobster night in the main dining room on the 12 night Baltic cruise?

Please clarify if you book the 3 night package in advance for the 12 night cruise do you have to book one restaurant for the first or second night? If the menu rotation for the main dining room is not available in advance how do you find out the menu rotation for the main dining room once on board? Also, does anyone know if there is a lobster night in the main dining room on the 12 night Baltic cruise?

With the 3-night package, you must eat at one of the 3 restaurants on night 1 or night 2.  

You can go to the MDR and ask to see the menus for the nights you want to know about. 

Lobster night will be on the second formal night of the cruise.

Lobster isn't served in the main dining room on European cruise. The only lobster that's available is the surcharge lobster from Chops.