Alaskan Polar Bear Hat/Scarf/Mittens

Hello everyone,

I recently saw a YouTube where a couple checked into the Ovation for an Alaskan cruise and had cute polar bear hat/scarf/mittens waiting for them.

I cannot find these on the Cruise Planner under the gifts section.

Any clue as to how to buy them and have them waiting for us in the room?  I think it would be cute to have a family picture wearing them on board.

Thank you in advance.

I see it directly through https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/gifts.

However if you go to checkout it doesn't give any options available for sail dates for Ovation currently for this set which means they may not actually have any in stock.

You may want to keep checking back as it may become available later.

An alternative may be to pre-purchase prior to your trip online somewhere else. You'd have to pack them with you, but it may end up being cheaper and would guarantee you will actually have them for your photo op. 

39 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I see it directly through https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/gifts.

However if you go to checkout it doesn't give any options available for sail dates for Ovation currently for this set which means they may not actually have any in stock.

You may want to keep checking back as it may become available later.

An alternative may be to pre-purchase prior to your trip online somewhere else. You'd have to pack them with you, but it may end up being cheaper and would guarantee you will actually have them for your photo op. 

Thank you!!!

Yes.  I found it and ran into the same problem with the sail date drop down menu.

If I pre-purchase it from a third-party vendor, it won't have the RCCL logo on it.  I know...it sounds pretentious but this is my souvenir gift to my family for this coming cruise.

• 2 months later...
On 2/3/2022 at 10:16 AM, CruisingNewb said:

Hello everyone,

I recently saw a YouTube where a couple checked into the Ovation for an Alaskan cruise and had cute polar bear hat/scarf/mittens waiting for them.

I cannot find these on the Cruise Planner under the gifts section.

Any clue as to how to buy them and have them waiting for us in the room?  I think it would be cute to have a family picture wearing them on board.

Thank you in advance.

did you find them or is it too late for your cruise? They are listed under Seasonal merchandise.

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2022 at 10:08 AM, CruisingNewb said:

Yes! We found them and already purchased!  Can't wait to see them in our room when we board!

We’re looking to buy them too for our Quantum cruise next month. While our sail date and ship are on the first page, the checkout page only goes up to dates in 2017. Did you experience this too?

27 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

We got the blanket on our Alaska cruise. For $25.99 I didn't have much hope for it, but it was actually a really nice thick blanket worth every penny.

We were going to grab that too. This is the issue I’m encountering with the date:

image.thumb.png.835e2451b82ad92b97ee00ff9632919f.png

I can choose my date initially but then it switches to 11/20/2007 and when I go back to the calendar to fix it, 2017 is the latest year.

I just fear buying it if this is a site they’re no longer updating and then we don’t get our stuff!

31 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Odd, I can see current dates

image.png.6a12c93da591b7636da68fec5ac7237b.png

I see that too, but once you click one, it changes to 11/20/2007 for me and then I can't correct it to anything past 2017.  I tried on my phone and my computer, so it seems consistent.  Please let me know if you see otherwise.  Thanks!

I had to mess around on the website to get ours.  We got 4 of the white polar bear hat/scarf/mittens and the blanket.  

Worst case scenario, they had limited quantities on the gift shop on the ship and they also sold similar ones at Juneau and Skagway ports.  They are slightly different from the ones we got from Royal.  

Also, be aware that many, many people on our siling did not get theirs due to supply chain issues.

3 hours ago, SueB said:

I just ordered mine for our sailing in August!  I saw the same You-tube video!!  Contacted my TA to see where I order from!!  Received my confirmation of purchase last night.

I ordered yesterday but never received an email confirmation. How long did it take?

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, Truesue007 said:

Does anyone know the difference between the brown and polar bear hat? Asking because I want to get one for each of my kids, but I don’t want one to be lesser quality. 

They are very similar.  We got the Polar Bear ones and then saw the brown bear ones in the gift shop.  Quality is virtually identical.  For Alaska, the Polar Bear ones are too cute.  We got 4 and wore them to breakfast every morning lol