xSAILEDx Mariner of the Seas - June 18, 2022 - Southern Caribbean

Amy here. Hopefully I haven't duplicated another topic devoted to this roll call but my search didn't identify anything so here I am. My husband and I are booked on this cruise and are very excited as neither of us has ever been to the ABC Islands before. Would love to connect with others who are taking this cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2022 at 9:44 PM, CruisingIsLikeCrack said:

Count us in as well on this cruise. We tried doing the ABC run before but ended up with only BC, no A because it was too windy to dock. Hopefully this time we make it. 

Welcome aboard. I love all of the ABC's. It is hard to get them all in on one trip, but we love to try. We have been lucky, never missed any of the islands, hopefully this cruise will be the same. We look forward to chatting with you over the next several months. Again, welcome aboard.

22 hours ago, jabberwk said:

Glad to meet you all! Honestly - the pandemic has me to the point that I wouldn't care if we just floated in the open ocean for 8 nights. I just want to get away and be pampered a little.

Amy - people ask me all the time where we are going? My stock answer these days is - Wherever the ship takes me. I really do not care where we go but just want to be on a ship. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2022 at 9:32 AM, Glenn Racine said:

My wife and I will be on this cruise

Somehow missed this post. Notifications on this forum are wonky sometimes and I don't always know when the conversations are active. However, welcome aboard, Glenn! Happy to have along for the fun. Where do you and your wife hail from? My husband and I are in GA.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

We are especially looking forward to this cruise because Royal cancelled our Serenade trip in Feb.  Also, I have never been to the ABCs. This will be our first  cruise since we dodged a hurricane in September 2019!

Welcome aboard to you also. We had two cruises canceled on the Serenade in Feb. Probably a good thing since I ended up in the hospital during the time we would have been on the ship and not near a port. But all is well now and we have returned to cruising. Again welcome aboard.

Ok, y'all! I'm getting antsy and am SO ready to be on this cruise! I got notification that we can start our check-in process on 5/4. Can't come soon enough. Lol. I have no idea where our cabin will be since we were able to get a suite guaranty a few weeks ago, but I've looked at the deck plans and I'd be happy in any option. In the past, the most elaborate we've reserved is a jr. suite. It would be kinda cool (and lucky), though, to be assigned a bigger suite. I know a number of you are retired and cruise frequently, so you may not be as antsy as me, but when you only get to do this every six months or so, the days can't go by fast enough. Pre-pandemic we could only schedule something every other year because of our schedules. We have a little more flexibility now, but we're still confined by work schedules. Someday we'll do back-to-back cruises.....

On 4/14/2022 at 5:27 PM, jabberwk said:

Ok, y'all! I'm getting antsy and am SO ready to be on this cruise! I got notification that we can start our check-in process on 5/4. Can't come soon enough. Lol. I have no idea where our cabin will be since we were able to get a suite guaranty a few weeks ago, but I've looked at the deck plans and I'd be happy in any option. In the past, the most elaborate we've reserved is a jr. suite. It would be kinda cool (and lucky), though, to be assigned a bigger suite. I know a number of you are retired and cruise frequently, so you may not be as antsy as me, but when you only get to do this every six months or so, the days can't go by fast enough. Pre-pandemic we could only schedule something every other year because of our schedules. We have a little more flexibility now, but we're still confined by work schedules. Someday we'll do back-to-back cruises.....

Thanks for the update.  We didn't get the email about 4 May.  Have seen other posts about starting check-ins about 45 days out but not being able to select arrival time until 30 days out.    We have our Emed boxes in case we can't get local COVID tests, but someone posted that Walgreen's in Port Canaveral is a good resource, too.  We are driving down to PC the day before...

On 4/21/2022 at 6:53 AM, ChessE4 said:

Thanks for the update.  We didn't get the email about 4 May.  Have seen other posts about starting check-ins about 45 days out but not being able to select arrival time until 30 days out.    We have our Emed boxes in case we can't get local COVID tests, but someone posted that Walgreen's in Port Canaveral is a good resource, too.  We are driving down to PC the day before...

May 4 is listed in the Royal App as check in day.  Not sure if that means midnight or sail time or?

16 hours ago, Sms said:

May 4 is listed in the Royal App as check in day.  Not sure if that means midnight or sail time or?

Others have posted that you can check in first thing 12:01 AM.  We will wait until a more reasonable time.

11 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

Others have posted that you can check in first thing 12:01 AM.  We will wait until a more reasonable time.

That’s only 901p for those of us on the Left coast.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a number of us on the Cruise Critic thread for this cruise and we've been talking about meeting at the Sky Bar for drinks at departure. I think some of you may already be on that thread. If you're not, come on over and join us! We're getting close now and it would be great to have a nice group of us to meet and get together. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I’m loving our TA right now, she just called to make sure we understand all the restrictions and testing and check in and to wish us a great cruise! Getting more real everyday… just about 22,000 more trip flight miles for me and we are off!

On 5/8/2022 at 11:53 AM, jabberwk said:

There are a number of us on the Cruise Critic thread for this cruise and we've been talking about meeting at the Sky Bar for drinks at departure. I think some of you may already be on that thread. If you're not, come on over and join us! We're getting close now and it would be great to have a nice group of us to meet and get together. 🙂

We are on both of these chat groups. I like getting info from multi sources. After our Alaska trip (starts on Friday) this cruise is up next. 

19 hours ago, Sms said:

I’m loving our TA right now, she just called to make sure we understand all the restrictions and testing and check in and to wish us a great cruise! Getting more real everyday… just about 22,000 more trip flight miles for me and we are off!

We also get a lot of info from our TA. He sends us the documents that Royal sends him. And believe it or not Royal also sends us copies. It really helps.

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Mariner of the Seas - June 18, 2022 - Southern Caribbean