2023 Fall Itineraries for Eastern Canada & New England

RBo

1 hour ago, jaygee2729 said:

We just booked a Fall 2023 cruise from NYC to see the fall colors. We are booked on Carnival Magic as we couldn't find a RC cruise. 

Enjoy! Not a Carnival fan myself. Our first Carny cruise was in 2018 on Sunshine out of Charleston, SC. Ship was nice but felt claustrophobic with few open interior spaces, mediocre entertainment and a lackluster-monotonous MDR and Lido. Ate at Guy's Burger Joint most of the time.

My wife just canceled a May 2022 cruise with my daughter and granddaughter because of Carney's confusing and mysterious limits on exceptions for unvaxed children under 12 and medical exceptions. For all 2022 sailings, you must file for an exception by Feb 17, 2022. The exception is held in suspense until you pay your cruise in full before 45 days to sail. Two weeks before the sail date they will tell you if your exception was granted. If not, you are only offered FCC and no refund option.

Nope!

While talking about the 2023 NE cruises.  I understand they go out of New Jersey. We’ve done NE cruises before but on Princess. We like to take Amtrak up for the cruise.  Is the Royal cruise port anywhere close to where Amtrak stops? Are there any hotels nearby we should consider for the pre-cruise night?

On 2/3/2022 at 3:52 PM, Wolfpackfan said:

While talking about the 2023 NE cruises.  I understand they go out of New Jersey. We’ve done NE cruises before but on Princess. We like to take Amtrak up for the cruise.  Is the Royal cruise port anywhere close to where Amtrak stops? Are there any hotels nearby we should consider for the pre-cruise night?

Nearest Amtrak stop is likely Newark Penn Station. Best bet for hotels is probably Jersey City. Ubers are plentiful in north Jersey, so while they're not walking distance (though I don't think I'd consider the NYC terminals walking distance from Penn, especially with luggage), they're not an expensive ride, either.

If you're getting off the train at Newark Penn there's a Doubletree right at the station. I haven't stayed there but for one night it's probably fine, especially if you get in late.

If you're earlier, Jersey City has some great skyline views. I think there are a couple of Hyatts there that usually get decent reviews.

We are patiently waiting for them to be released also. We went ahead and booked an Late summer 2023 Alaska cruise on Celebrity with a refundable deposit while we wait for the RC New England Itineraries to be released. If we see something we love we will switch. We have sailed Alaska before but never New England. So glad to hear Feb 21 is the expected release date. Any word on when Caribbean Nov 2023 through April 2024 will be released? 

1 hour ago, Kathleen said:

We are patiently waiting for them to be released also. We went ahead and booked an Late summer 2023 Alaska cruise on Celebrity with a refundable deposit while we wait for the RC New England Itineraries to be released. If we see something we love we will switch. We have sailed Alaska before but never New England. So glad to hear Feb 21 is the expected release date. Any word on when Caribbean Nov 2023 through April 2024 will be released? 

I'm (not so) patiently waiting for them too but I'm looking for May 2023 to tag on to a stay in NY.

Note that the release could be any time during the week beginning Feb 21 and not necessarily on that specific date. They tend to open up towards the middle of the week so don't be surprised if you don't see them straight away.

On 2/3/2022 at 3:52 PM, Wolfpackfan said:

On 2/4/2022 at 3:53 PM, XtremeGK said:

Nearest Amtrak stop is likely Newark Penn Station. Best bet for hotels is probably Jersey City. Ubers are plentiful in north Jersey, so while they're not walking distance (though I don't think I'd consider the NYC terminals walking distance from Penn, especially with luggage), they're not an expensive ride, either.

Amtrak Northeast Regional trains will actually stop at Newark Liberty Airport (EWR) as well, which is just a bit closer to Cape Liberty and prevents you from having to drive through downtown Newark.  Your Amtrak ticket also covers the cost of the AirTrain Monorail to the terminals.  I'm not sure if it's a much better option, just a different one!

53 minutes ago, USCG Teacher said:

Amtrak Northeast Regional trains will actually stop at Newark Liberty Airport (EWR) as well, which is just a bit closer to Cape Liberty and prevents you from having to drive through downtown Newark.  Your Amtrak ticket also covers the cost of the AirTrain Monorail to the terminals.  I'm not sure if it's a much better option, just a different one!

True -- Just have to weigh the hassle of the fact that an Uber pick up would be at the airport terminal, NOT the Amtrak stop. Have to take your luggage over to the AirTrain to a terminal, then down to the arrivals pick-up.

On 2/6/2022 at 9:29 AM, Kathleen said:

Matt put this out a couple of weeks ago - Here's when Royal Caribbean will put more 2023-2024 cruises on sale | Royal Caribbean Blog