How Bad Am I gonna Get Beat?

deep1

Two balconies... Fiancee and her two teens were supposed to join me this next cruise in about a month in two balcony rooms. Teen girl has invite to some snow skiing thing that she insists on attending. Boy in position that he can't miss any more school than he has. I'm trying to bribe the girl by letting her bring a friend but its not really gaining any traction. Most likely I have to cancel the kids and one of the staterooms... Am I gonna get hammered on this transaction? Are they gonna get silly and issue fcc's in the kids names (like they have done before?)?  Or are they simply gonna refund or fcc half the fare to me? 

37 minutes ago, deep1 said:

Any suggestions what I can do to soften the blow whatever it may be? 

Can't you just keep both? Put your fiancee's name on the 2nd cabin, consider the kids no shows at the port and at least get some money back. And then get double points? for sailing single. And if they're connecting cabins, you get to keep the bigger balcony.

@Matt, @AshleyDillo, @twangster. Does this sound doable? 

13 minutes ago, RWDW1204 said:

Can't you just keep both? Put your fiancee's name on the 2nd cabin, consider the kids no shows at the port and at least get some money back. And then get double points? for sailing single. And if they're connecting cabins, you get to keep the bigger balcony.

@Matt, @AshleyDillo. Does this sound doable? 

That sounds great but I don't know that I would get anything back for the no shows... This is why I'm asking... 

My understanding is you can cancel the one room and get FCC.  You can contact RCL customer service and get it assigned to you because you paid for it.  I booked a cruise on Celebrity for me and my son.  When it got canceled, they gave us FCC in my name and my sons name.  When I booked a cruise for myself, I contacted Celebrity Engagement Center and they applied both to my cruise because I paid for both.

12 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

My understanding is you can cancel the one room and get FCC.  You can contact RCL customer service and get it assigned to you because you paid for it.  I booked a cruise on Celebrity for me and my son.  When it got canceled, they gave us FCC in my name and my sons name.  When I booked a cruise for myself, I contacted Celebrity Engagement Center and they applied both to my cruise because I paid for both.

I would hope being sister companies RCL would do the same... 

With the cruise with confidence there is information about canceling up till a couple days before the cruise with no penalties and if you are covid positive before the cruise they will give FCC's.  But keeping one room and canceling another could be a pain under the same program.  If you guys are in the points race it would be worthwhile to just do a solo in each room and then stay together.

If you used a TA they should be able to handle things pretty easy.  If you booked directly you will need to make calls and wait on hold to get things setup.

7 hours ago, KJones said:

I think if you cancel their room/cruise, and use the language "due to covid protocols," you may be able to get a cash (not FCC) refund for their room. Hopefully someone with more knowledge/  understanding of cancellations can confirm/deny this...

I'll work on the language some and refine it.  The boy refuses masks, isn't fully vacced and doesn't want to. The girl is afraid of the big bad "petri dish" and if she tests positive it could be a problem with her scholarship. 

Well if he isn’t fully vaxxed, he can’t go so that solves that problem.  Not sure why you’d book him in the first place as he clearly isn’t eligible to cruise.  On the bright side, he falls under the “unable  to meet protocols” category and you should be able to get a cash refund for him.

@deep1I will likely be using this method of cancellation in the next couple days, so I will let you know how it goes. Technically we meet all the sailing requirements, just decided we didn't want to go on this sailing, but I really really really do not want more FCC so we now suddenly have developed issued with the protocols 😂

4 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

I thought if you cancel prior to final payment it’s “cash” refund except for any non refundable deposit which is FCC.  If it’s inside of final payment it’s FCC.  Maybe have TA call then, or you if you booked direct, it appears there are lots of people with thoughts on this topic.

Paid in full long ago...

I've successfully whacked 2 cruises now under the "I dont like the protocols" guise and both times got a full refund, in cash, no questions asked.  

first one was a Barbados sailing that was paid in full long ago.  we would have had to book shore excursions at all ports via Royal Caribbean if we wanted to get off the ship.  hard pass.  my travel agent balked and I said "just call them, please."  ten minutes later it was refunded.  

second one was for a Freedom sailing in Feb with my S/O right before final payment was due.  Said we weren't comfortable with the new mask requirements (despite the fact I'm on Navigator as I type this) and we'd rather just go somewhere else later this year once things get a little more normal-ish.  again, no questions asked.  

I'd call Royal and just explain the new requirements are fine for your cabin's occupants, but not for the other cabins'.  at least for me, there wasn't any pushback.  trying to reprice things for "solo" travelers gets a little weird and is probably a rabbit hole you don't want to go down.

On 2/2/2022 at 9:34 AM, deep1 said:

I would hope being sister companies RCL would do the same... 

I was told that both my husband and my FCC on Celebrity could not be used together.  What gives?   So, we have to tqake 2 cruises to use them.  My TA even checked and they will only apply 1 FCC per sailing.  Not happy with Celebrity right now.   

20 minutes ago, Linda R said:

I was told that both my husband and my FCC on Celebrity could not be used together.  What gives?   So, we have to tqake 2 cruises to use them.  My TA even checked and they will only apply 1 FCC per sailing.  Not happy with Celebrity right now.   

That is not correct.  I applied 3 FCC on my April 2023 TP cruise.  One for me, one for my son and one for a screw up Celebrity did on a different cruise.  If you need to reach out to [email protected] .  They are the ones that applied my 3rd FCC.

>

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, deep1 said:

I didn't get destroyed too bad but in switching fiance back to sharing room with me somehow they removed her C+A status... Spent hours fixing that.  But it is fixed... 

Now if I could ever get my own C+A situation fixed... 🙄