WINDJAMMER SCRAMBLED EGGS

smiles998

• Just off the Mariner of the Seas, and my dad fell in love with the scrambled eggs in the Windjammer.   I lost track of time, and never got a chance to ask while on the ship.... Does anyone know what brand of scrambled egg mix Royal Caribbean uses?  I would love to surprise my 85 year old dad for breakfast with these eggs at home one morning. 

Thanks for any info,

Karen 

6 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

The Windjammer uses an egg mix. I am sure it is 2 to 1. Probably 1-part real eggs and then 2-parts egg substitutes. It was too watery for my taste and was never really pure scrambled eggs. I was always finding either ham, onions or something random in them.

That's what I was thinking too.... My dad liked the fact that they didn't have an overwhelming eggy/fishy taste like Carnival's do. 🤢

40 minutes ago, Terri Smith Johnson said:

Oeufs Brouilles is a method of cooking scrambled eggs in Southern France.  They are very soft and creamy and it is def my preferred way of preparing them. 

They use butter, cream and cook them on low heat, longer, stirring the entire time. 

That sounds really good, but a lot of calories. However, just about everything you eat on a cruise ship has a lot of calories! 😎

On 2/4/2022 at 1:43 PM, Terri Smith Johnson said:

Oeufs Brouilles is a method of cooking scrambled eggs in Southern France.  They are very soft and creamy and it is def my preferred way of preparing them. 

They use butter, cream and cook them on low heat, longer, stirring the entire time. 

So basically egg risotto?

1 hour ago, Baked Alaska said:

Try just a few dried cranberries and toasted walnuts in the bottom of each ramekin. Flame some natural brown sugar on top. Put on extra because you can! Yum!

I put orange zest and vanilla in mine, but I will have to try your suggestion at some point.