Check-in?

cookie10*

29 minutes ago, cookie10* said:

Ok I know it's been a while since I have checked in for a cruise, but we are less than 90 days, and it states that check-in is unavailable?? What am I missing? 

If you look in the Royal App, it tells you when your check in will be available.  

1. Open App

2. Select Cruise (if you have multiples)

3. Tap on the "person" icon at the top

4. There will be a Check in box with the date in it.  

I did this on the latest version of the iPhone App, so your experience could vary

This is what i am getting as a check in date and time. 

We are working to uplift our check-in experience to support a healthy and safe cruise for all guests, crew, and communities where we operate. Check-in will be available once our updates are completed ahead of your sailing. We will notify you by email and by app notification on your mobile device when it is time for you to check-in to your cruise.

Click on the little person on the top right of the app home page.  It will bring you to your cruise details & your check in date should be there.  Don’t click on the blue check in button on the bottom of the Home Screen.  I was done checking in and still got the response you noted with that button.

4 hours ago, Jake B said:

Anyone know what time of day you can start entering check in data in the app/site? Is it midnight?

Yes, it is midnight on the day you can start checking in. I stayed up all night waiting for the magic hour to arrive and gave it a few minutes. At 12:05 a.m. I logged back in and selected a check in time of 10:30 a.m. If you get to the terminal early, you will not be able to check in and you have a 30 minute window to check in at the terminal (10:30-11:00 a.m.). At the terminal you will get a health screening first and then proceed with the check in process. Once you have selected what time you want, you can start entering data. I used the app, very easy. Hope this helps!😎

8 minutes ago, silenttuba said:

As a first time cruiser (sailing on Anthem April 10), I'm curious what the advantages are to checking in 45 (or 30, or whatever it is) days before the trip? Also, will I be able to check in if I don't have my passport yet (my wife and I both had to renew, and should get our new ones by mid-March)?

The earlier you check in, the better chance you have of getting an early check in time (more time on the ship..hurray!). It can differ, but normally you select your time and go back and add items later, so you should be good to go for that. 

10 minutes ago, silenttuba said:

As a first time cruiser (sailing on Anthem April 10), I'm curious what the advantages are to checking in 45 (or 30, or whatever it is) days before the trip? Also, will I be able to check in if I don't have my passport yet (my wife and I both had to renew, and should get our new ones by mid-March)?

The most important reason to check in right away is so you have more choices for boarding times. You can start the check in process, pick your time, and then come back to finish when you receive your new passports, no problem!

18 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

So... they took Jewel off the app.  It must be because of the pause on her sailings.  I had the Jewel on the app for my late November sailing.

Apparently. You cannot select any sailings for her right now and actually see anything. I am on her in June and have been waiting (im)patiently...