Would I be bored on Oasis?

Patchy

Hi all,  I have some FCC’s that expire at the end of 2022.   Looking at possibly booking an August sailing on Oasis of the Seas out of Bayonne (to avoid airfare), but the itinerary is identical to a sailing that I already have scheduled for April.  2022.  So essentially we would stay on the ship for the entire 7-day sailing except for CocoCay (which we LOVE).    This would be our first sailing on an Oasis class, and our previous sailings have been on Freedom, Odyssey, Anthem, Mariner, and Navigator.   We are a family of four (two adults in our 40’s and two boys, aged 10 and 8).    Wondering if there is enough difference in the ship amenities on Oasis (versus very fun ships like Odyssey and Freedom) to keep us entertained for a full 5 days?   Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, Patchy said:

Hi all,  I have some FCC’s that expire at the end of 2022.   Looking at possibly booking an August sailing on Oasis of the Seas out of Bayonne (to avoid airfare), but the itinerary is identical to a sailing that I already have scheduled for April.  2022.  So essentially we would stay on the ship for the entire 7-day sailing except for CocoCay (which we LOVE).    This would be our first sailing on an Oasis class, and our previous sailings have been on Freedom, Odyssey, Anthem, Mariner, and Navigator.   We are a family of four (two adults in our 40’s and two boys, aged 10 and 8).    Wondering if there is enough difference in the ship amenities on Oasis (versus very fun ships like Odyssey and Freedom) to keep us entertained for a full 5 days?   Thanks in advance!

Oasis Class ships are WAY BETTER than all the other classes of ships as far as having things to do ……..  we’ve done a few cruises on Oasis class ships with our 10yo son where we never got off the ship other than in cococay and had a great time every time.

I think you would have to really make an effort try to be  bored.   There are enough activities going on throughout the ship that can't all be possibly done in 1 - 7-day cruise (Along with the toys, consider to all the things (games etc)  the cruise director staff has going on - that often get missed because of other conflicts)   

I have to agree with the others, I can tell you that while we visited different ports I have spent 14 days on an Oasis class ship, and I honestly feel as if I can do a back to back cruise on one with the exact same itinerary and not get bored.  I know the typical route they take out of Bayonne and I would do the EXACT same thing that you are planning.  IMHO I say book it, you won't regret it! 

Just because it's an identical itinerary doesn't mean there is no reason to get off the ship in port. There's always something to do in port that you may or may not have done before. Two cruises scheduled this year. Already been to all of the ports once or twice but that doesn't mean we have no reason to get off the ship.

I wouldn't be bored.   We just did a Bayonne-Port Canaveral-Coco Cay-Nassau sailing on Oasis that we had done previously on Anthem.   The ship really WAS the destination with so many options for entertainment, music, food, and fun.   We did the comedy show and the Aqua80s multiple times.   

5 hours ago, Patchy said:

So essentially we would stay on the ship for the entire 7-day sailing except for CocoCay (which we LOVE).

I’m not sure why you would stay on the ship. We’ve been to the same ports many times and always find something neat to check out. We don’t typically do excursions so we just wander on our own and have never been disappointed.