Port of Ravenna (Venice)

wanderlust

will you have a pre or post excursion into Venice once we arrive or leave you cruise out of Ravenna June 2022?

We have booked our June Greek cruise and like many unhappy with leaving from Ravenna.  It has complicated car rentals, so we are opting to fly from Munich.

Would love to visit Venice and wondered if you will have an excursion there.  When we were in Barcelona, after our cruise we got a city tour and then were dropped off at hotel or airport.

hope something is worked out.  Too much luggage to deal with staying extra days to see Venice.

• 2 weeks later...

@wanderlust I have been to Ravenna before and i can`t remeber a excursion to Venice, Venice is about two ours away from Ravenna. But call Royal Caribbean and just ask, maybe they so no or maybe, just maybe they can Help to Book a Tour for you, this could be more expensive.

If you are really got to Venice,... we Booked a Tour to get into the Doge Palace and for visiting the Murano Glass Factory. Be sure of one thing, the whole City is a Museum. 

A big tip for everyone who want`s to visit Venice. Wear Flip Flops or Sandals, if it`s possible. First time i was there it was a little Rainy and the Stone are not at the same level. one is higher the other a little lower. So time i walked the Piazza di Marco, i stept into a lower stone and my foot and sneaker where wet to my ankle, next day we went there agein, me with my Flip Flops and i saw other poeple with completly wet sneakers.

Anyway, i hope you really can visit Venice, if not fly two or three days erlier and visit the City by your own, it`s worth it.

Sorry about my bad English i`m from switzerland

I might be interpreting the first post incorrectly, but it sounds like you are inquiring of Royal Caribbean whether they will have any excursions.  If I am wrong, please forgive me.

This site is not an official Royal Caribbean site, but rather a fan site, so no one who works for Royal Caribbean will answer.

What you will most likely get for responses are ideas and suggestions from people who have cruised from Ravenna.

13 hours ago, JennP said:

We’re going to try fly into Bologna the day before embarking.  Venice seems too far and like too much of a hassle. I guess that’s another trip another time 🤷‍♀️

Bologna is a really nice city as well! And much less touristy. The downtown area is cute and the food from the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy (where Bologna is) is very good. Be sure to try tortellini and lasagna from there!