Antigen Test for Tourists from UK departing Port Everglades

Broonaldo

You can schedule an antigen test with CVS pharmacy.  They accept reservations up to 13 days in advance.  Walgreens pharmacy will accept reservations up to 3 days in advance.  Book as soon as you can.  Just go online and google either pharmacy names and it will lead you to their covid testing website.  Good luck!

You're past the time frame needed to order and receive monitored self tests (eMed or Optum, BinaxNow, among others) for boarding purposes. I assume you will have the required Antigen test to enter the US.

Options in order of overall ease and decreasing stress levels for getting the testing you need is (1) a Rapid Antigen Test taken in the Miami Airport. You'll get the necessary had copy test results in hand before you leave. Just insure the timing is right and it may not be since you report that you are arriving on a Friday and have to clear boarding protocols on Sunday.

So, if your flight arrives at 1030h on Friday, your test is resulted at 11:30 and you are scheduled to board Allure at 1130 on Sunday (48h later) if you board after that, your test has been resulted more than 48h before boarding - won't work.

Just watch that and adjust accordingly. No appointments are needed for in-airport testing but if you can make one, I'd do that (head of the line if there is one) and (2) A local Walgreens or CVS Pharmacy. I looked this up for someone else asking a similar question and I recommended using a Walgreens that has a University of Miami Health Care System clinic inside. You can schedule your test in advance by actually talking to a real person instead of the hated bots and do all your registration on line in advance. The downside of a CVS or Walgreens is that you have to Uber/Lyft from your hotel and back. If that pharmacy is close to where you are staying drivers don't like short trips and will pass on it - it can be hard on Fridays. Saturdays, less hard. 

Good luck. Don't stress, it's not going to be hard to get what you need.

Our cruise is leaving on a Saturday, we arrive stateside Thursday and are flying in from UK. The test we do to get into the states isn't applicable for the Sat depart from Fort Lauderdale as its 3 days before so we booked Observed Lateral flow test via our airline which is the same type of test we need to get into the states. To get a test in the correct time frame RC states we are bringing the test with us, we have booked a time slot to complete the test for when we arrive stateside. 

Hoping all goes well for you guys.

We are flying via Virgin check out their website for the observed lateral flow tests.

11 hours ago, JeffB said:

You're past the time frame needed to order and receive monitored self tests (eMed or Optum, BinaxNow, among others) for boarding purposes. I assume you will have the required Antigen test to enter the US.

Options in order of overall ease and decreasing stress levels for getting the testing you need is (1) a Rapid Antigen Test taken in the Miami Airport. You'll get the necessary had copy test results in hand before you leave. Just insure the timing is right and it may not be since you report that you are arriving on a Friday and have to clear boarding protocols on Sunday.

So, if your flight arrives at 1030h on Friday, your test is resulted at 11:30 and you are scheduled to board Allure at 1130 on Sunday (48h later) if you board after that, your test has been resulted more than 48h before boarding - won't work.

Just watch that and adjust accordingly. No appointments are needed for in-airport testing but if you can make one, I'd do that (head of the line if there is one) and (2) A local Walgreens or CVS Pharmacy. I looked this up for someone else asking a similar question and I recommended using a Walgreens that has a University of Miami Health Care System clinic inside. You can schedule your test in advance by actually talking to a real person instead of the hated bots and do all your registration on line in advance. The downside of a CVS or Walgreens is that you have to Uber/Lyft from your hotel and back. If that pharmacy is close to where you are staying drivers don't like short trips and will pass on it - it can be hard on Fridays. Saturdays, less hard. 

Are you sure its 48h?? Im sure it states 2 days, and says at any time. 

11 hours ago, JeffB said:

Just confirmed with royal its not 48h its 2 days at any time, pheeeeww you had me getting worried.

10 minutes ago, Mike.s said:

Yes i have confirmed it with royal a few minutes ago, and its 2 days for antigen for vaccinated people and 3 days for unvaccinated kids (PCR test only)  doesn't matter what time of the day. 

Happy days 😂

12 hours ago, JeffB said:

I read somewhere that CVS, Walgreens etc. are testing US residents only. So a foreigner like myself won’t be able to test there. 
Is this not the case?

25 minutes ago, Franky G said:

I read somewhere that CVS, Walgreens etc. are testing US residents only. So a foreigner like myself won’t be able to test there. 
Is this not the case?

We've friends who stayed in Miami Beach and used this lot, we're thinking of doing the same when we're there this summer, $89 for the rapid antigen test, they use Abbot BinaxNow

Fast Test Now - Your Local Affordable Testing Center

• 3 weeks later...