Connecting with Filipino Crew on the Wonder of the Seas

PG Cruiser

I know this wasn’t the purpose of your post but I just have to share this story…

I am 100% Filipino, born in NYC, raised in Jersey. And while I’ve only been on one cruise, I absolutely love cruising!!

The worst part of cruising for me - the amount of times I got asked a question by people who thought I was a crew member.

“What time does [insert place here] open?” “Where is the nearest restroom?” “How do I get to [insert place here]?” And my personal favorite “Wow, you have to stand in line with the rest of us?” 

I must have said “I’m sorry I don’t work here” a dozen or more times! Anyway, I chuckle at it now and if that was the worst of my vacation, so be it haha.

21 minutes ago, RockerDom31 said:

I know this wasn’t the purpose of your post but I just have to share this story…

I am 100% Filipino, born in NYC, raised in Jersey. And while I’ve only been on one cruise, I absolutely love cruising!!

The worst part of cruising for me - the amount of times I got asked a question by people who thought I was a crew member.

“What time does [insert place here] open?” “Where is the nearest restroom?” “How do I get to [insert place here]?” And my personal favorite “Wow, you have to stand in line with the rest of us?” 

I must have said “I’m sorry I don’t work here” a dozen or more times! Anyway, I chuckle at it now and if that was the worst of my vacation, so be it haha.

Imagine how many envelopes you could have got on your last day if you helped lol 

20 hours ago, RockerDom31 said:

I hear ya! Not only am I 100% Filipino myself, born and raised there, I also love wearing spoofs of the the T-shirts crew members wear.  So you can just imagine how many times I have been mistaken for a crew member.

image.thumb.png.95cf913c02f6c91624be3ec8dd1f0fff.png