Activities for 18-year-olds

carrie76

I don't believe there are any specific organized activities for this age group. 

She will be able to do any adult activity on the ship and be in any nightclub, she just won't be able to actually order alcohol.  She will not be able to participate in the organized teen activities.

32 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

18-21 is a tough age on a cruise ship

I’d say a group of 18-21 year olds will be better than a single cruiser in that age range.  They can hang out, play card or board games, sports, etc.  At night they can visit the dance clubs.  On excursions, they can do the adventure type activities like hiking, snorkeling, zip lines, etc.

Thanks so much for all the responses! I'm not so much concerned about the activities as much as her getting to meet others her age. She had a great time meeting up with kids at the teen club in the past, but I guess there aren't many "mixers" for her age group. I know she'll have a great time anyway- who wouldn't?!?!?!

On 1/29/2022 at 7:46 PM, carrie76 said:

HI! We are sailing on Oasis in June (139 days to go)! My oldest daughter will have just turned 18. Are there any activities for the 18-20 crowd? Thanks in advance!

In 2019, on Anthem, my 18 y.o. granddaughter was with me and they offered a "mix and mingle" for the 18-21 year old age group in the Bionic Bar on the 2nd night of the cruise. That may have been the only night it was held, if I'm remembering correctly.  Maybe check out some cruise compasses for past Oasis cruises to see if they also have the same thing.

Our 19 year old (at the time) came with me for the second week of a back to back on Adventure in January 2020. 

There wasn’t a lot for them to do as far as within their own age group, but they had a good time nonetheless.  They were pretty much the youngest in all the things they did, but after the first couple nights it didn’t seem to matter. 

The 18-21 meetup was a bust, but they ended up doing a lot of the onboard activities like trivia and seeing the live music.  They were even a team captain at Quest.  

18-21 is definitely a tough age to be when you’re not onboard with friends, but it is possible to have a good time.