Refundable Fare - NextCruise

chodnett

I’ve got some conflicting information and I’m looking for clarity.

Twice in the past, I’ve asked to book a refundable fare in the NextCruise office. Both times, the representative told me that I would not qualify for reduced deposits or the onboard credit offers if I booked refundable.

However, my TA says that I do qualify for the same NextCruise benefits regardless of refundable or nonrefundable fare.

What’s the actual policy?

No reduced deposits at NextCruise for refundable.  I booked 5 cruises over the past 2 weeks and while I generally gravitate to refundable I went NRD to get the $100 pp deposits which for longer cruises like some that I booked is a huge break compared to the $450 pp deposits for longer cruises.  However, never say never.  It's possible someone did get $100 deposits on a refundable NextCruise booking.  Just because it hasn't happened for me doesn't mean it hasn't happened for someone else.  

NextCruise OBC varies.  In one example of a 2023 booking the refundable rate had ~10% lower OBC.  In previous cases over several years of testing NextCruise pricing, OBC with refundable has always been a mystery.  You just never know.  I've seen the refundable OBC be zero.