xSAILEDx - Allure of the Seas - Oct 1, 2022 - Oct 9, 2022 (8 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise)

I have not been on the Allure before, but she is part of the World Class Oasis line up and that alone make her Magnificent!. I used to only cruise Norwegian until I landed on the Harmony of The Seas. Needless to say, I have not been on a Norwegian cruise since! I absolutely love Oasis class. I have been on The Harmony and The Oasis and both are great. One of my most favorite things are the Broadway style shows and the Ice Skating show. The shows on these ships are unmatched. The rooms are nice but to me a standard balcony room is the same on all ships. The only difference is the décor. Their is an actual Starbucks on the ship. Yes, a real Starbucks!. If you like shopping you will love the shops. Pricing at Coach and Michael Kohrs is the same on the ship as off. I don't know what cabin you got, but I wasn't impressed with the Central Park and Boardwalk balcony but you have to try it at least once. If you do try it, and like The Big City life :), go for The Boardwalk. Try and get in the center, this way you can watch the Aqua Theater Shows from your balcony. You will also have a view of the ocean. DO NOT do the Central Park balcony, there is nothing to see and its boring. Boardwalk is pretty loud until 10:30 pm and then they clear it out. Also, keep in mind that if you do that balcony, you can not keep your slider open because people can see you and you can see them in there room. There is some much on this class of ship, you are very luck to have chosen this trip. I really hope you have enjoy it. I am on a cruise also, but not on the Oasis Class this time. We are going on a Transatlantic on May 2nd and I am on the Anthem. Its supposed to be an "Amped Up" ship so I guess I will see what its like. So far nothing beats the Oasis Class.

1 hour ago, nmdaisy said:

I have not been on the Allure before, but she is part of the World Class Oasis line up and that alone make her Magnificent!. I used to only cruise Norwegian until I landed on the Harmony of The Seas. Needless to say, I have not been on a Norwegian cruise since! I absolutely love Oasis class. I have been on The Harmony and The Oasis and both are great. One of my most favorite things are the Broadway style shows and the Ice Skating show. The shows on these ships are unmatched. The rooms are nice but to me a standard balcony room is the same on all ships. The only difference is the décor. Their is an actual Starbucks on the ship. Yes, a real Starbucks!. If you like shopping you will love the shops. Pricing at Coach and Michael Kohrs is the same on the ship as off. I don't know what cabin you got, but I wasn't impressed with the Central Park and Boardwalk balcony but you have to try it at least once. If you do try it, and like The Big City life :), go for The Boardwalk. Try and get in the center, this way you can watch the Aqua Theater Shows from your balcony. You will also have a view of the ocean. DO NOT do the Central Park balcony, there is nothing to see and its boring. Boardwalk is pretty loud until 10:30 pm and then they clear it out. Also, keep in mind that if you do that balcony, you can not keep your slider open because people can see you and you can see them in there room. There is some much on this class of ship, you are very luck to have chosen this trip. I really hope you have enjoy it. I am on a cruise also, but not on the Oasis Class this time. We are going on a Transatlantic on May 2nd and I am on the Anthem. Its supposed to be an "Amped Up" ship so I guess I will see what its like. So far nothing beats the Oasis Class.

Thanks so much for the info! We're looking forward to the shows too! There's been some threads on here that the shows have been canceled/shortened due to cast member/crew being ill or unavailable. We're hoping that isnt the case when we sail but honestly, it won't ruin our vacation. We'd rather everyone is safe so sailing can continue.

We have a large Oceanview balcony on deck 9. We like our cabins being away from the more crowded areas so we can pick and choose when to be in the middle of the action vs. not. We just sailed an 8 day Southern on the Jewel in November, so the Allure is going to feel HUGE! This upcoming trip is my dad's first cruise too, so he's starting with a big one 😂 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We will be on this cruise with you! It's been 16 years since my last (and only) RC cruise. It was Grandeur of the Seas (not so great), so excited to try Royal again. The Oasis class ships seem to be quite a step up from the last few Carnival ships we have been on. Looking forward to joining you all in 111 days! Yes, I'm counting!!!

On 6/11/2022 at 3:22 PM, chamcalidor said:

We will be on this cruise with you! It's been 16 years since my last (and only) RC cruise. It was Grandeur of the Seas (not so great), so excited to try Royal again. The Oasis class ships seem to be quite a step up from the last few Carnival ships we have been on. Looking forward to joining you all in 111 days! Yes, I'm counting!!!

I'm counting too! 😊 

• 1 month later...

We're getting there... Less than 70 days to go! 

Is anyone looking forward to a specific excursion or show? Any suggestions for not to miss things at any ports? Hubs and I have self guided UTV  for 8 hours on Aruba, which we're really excited about. 

I hope they've resumed the full production of Mamma Mia (my husband not so much 😂) And I think we're gonna give Samba a try since it's a new specialty choice for us (We've done Chops/Giovannis on previous cruises) 

My husband and I will be on board!! So excited! We were supposed to cruise on April 2020 for our belated honeymoon. Do the math 😞 😞. Was going to be my husband's first ever and my second (first one was a long, long time ago though). So now we will be celebrating our third anniversary and my birthday while on this cruise 😃. I didn't realize Mamma Mia was not a go? Hopefully they will have it as that's one of the many reasons I booked with Allure. Fingers crossed! 

1 hour ago, hcraig said:

My husband and I will be on board!! So excited! We were supposed to cruise on April 2020 for our belated honeymoon. Do the math 😞 😞. Was going to be my husband's first ever and my second (first one was a long, long time ago though). So now we will be celebrating our third anniversary and my birthday while on this cruise 😃. I didn't realize Mamma Mia was not a go? Hopefully they will have it as that's one of the many reasons I booked with Allure. Fingers crossed! 

I read that during Covid some productions were scaled back or not performed just due to lack of staff. We did experience some changes in entertainment on our cruise in Nov 2021 but it wasn't bad. 

I'm looking forward to the Aqua Theater too since we've never been on this class of ship. 

I'm sorry that you had to delay your honeymoon but sounds like you're ready to celebrate it all now! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 1:46 PM, hcraig said:

Hey! We'll be celebrating our fifth anniversary on board. We actually did our honeymoon on Allure as well (two weeks back to back in 2017!). Super nostalgic trip for us and somewhat glad she hasn't been updated yet because of that.

3 hours ago, KLA said:

Hey! We'll be celebrating our fifth anniversary on board. We actually did our honeymoon on Allure as well (two weeks back to back in 2017!). Super nostalgic trip for us and somewhat glad she hasn't been updated yet because of that.

Awww! We're celebrating our 8th wedding anniversary onboard too! October 4th 💒

On 8/8/2022 at 8:30 AM, KLA said:

Happy Anniversary! That is so sweet that you will be revisiting your honeymoon! Also tells me she's a good ship if you're going back! 😀

I checked in online cause it wouldn't let me use the app. I chose 12:00 boarding time. Then when I went to my app I had to choose another time for my "wellness check." They only had 12:30 and later available. Now my boarding pass says 12:30. Only a half hour so not really big deal. But still. 😕

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Allure of the Seas - Oct 1, 2022 - Oct 9, 2022 (8 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise)
  • 2 weeks later...

We live in VA Beach so our local news has been following it pretty closely (Hello hurricane season 😑). I can't imagine we'll see much impact to our cruise. At the moment they're saying that the storm will be passing over or around FL by midday Wednesday. Should be back out to sea/up the coast well before Saturday. Putting positive vibes out that we'll be smooth sailing and that the storm isn't too bad for those in the path! 

47 minutes ago, KLA said:

Catching up on a couple other threads - any speculated impact of tropical depressions on our sailing or too soon to tell?

I've been following James Van Fleet and hurricanes.gov https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4.shtml?start#contents (I know, I know, but I'm flying in from the midwest too) and though it's really to soon for them to predict with confidence it does kinda look like it will go through mid-week? I know they've got us covered once we're on the ship, mostly hoping that the flight be able to come in ok on Friday. Fingers crossed! For everyone!

We are watching and trying to figure things out as well. We are planning to start our 2 day drive on Thursday. Praying that it passes us on by and no problems getting to Ft. Lauderdale pop up. I think it’s a little too early at this point to say if we will have an impact from it. Maybe by Sunday we will know where it’s headed.

My wife and I are flying in Friday from the Midwest landing around 2pm. Not sure if we should change flights. Thoughts? There is one late Friday night or Thurs morning. Thinking we should wait another day or two before making a decision. Looks like Ian will have minimal impact on the port and ship, although some indication coast guard could delay set sail.

• SpeedNoodles changed the title to xSAILEDx - Allure of the Seas - Oct 1, 2022 - Oct 9, 2022 (8 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise)