A quick Royal Up question

Gisser

I did not get them in time for my cruise.  When I got to the pier the porter was set to write 12 for the deck....but the deck was 10.  For whatever reason on that ship cabins on deck 10 started with a 12.  Thankfully I watched and corrected them, twice!!  otherwise I don't know where my luggage would have been.

4 hours ago, Gisser said:

If your bid is accepted, do you get new documents (specifically printable luggage tags?) Or do you have to have the baggage folks hand write you luggage tags for the news room? Thanks.

I just had a Royal Up bid accepted this morning ……. This afternoon I received an email with new e-docs …… the next to last page had my new luggage tags to print ……. Last time I won a Royal Up, I called earlier to ask for new ones to be sent not realizing I’d get new e-docs anyway and they sent them to me.

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Is RC suddenly sending out a lot more Royal Up emails? There have been a ton of posts on Royal Up the last few days.

1 hour ago, Pattycruise said:

I haven't gotten one for either of my February sailings nor my March one

I’ve never gotten a “Royal Up Invitation Email” …….. I always just go to the link below on my own and put in bids …… some of my cruises have accepted bids 60 to 90 days before ….. others wouldn’t accept a bid until 30 days before …….. I’ve won my bid offers 4 times now and only on one of those 4 have I bid more than $20 over the minimum bid

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

I’ve been ‘Royal Up-ed’ four times since November on the Anthem. Each time, I received an email advising me that my new cruise documents were available…usually the next day after I was notified that my bid was accepted. I went to my reservation and clicked on the Cruise Documents tab. The new luggage tags were on the last pages. Just clicking on the Luggage Tag tab sometimes had the old room number. Enjoy your upgraded cruise!

My Royal Up  bid was accepted for Anthem January 31st sailing they emailed me new documents right away.  

Royal wanted over $12,500 dollars total for a grand suite, (granted it is an 11 night cruise) since this was a last minute booking my TA advised me to book the balcony guarantee and cross my fingers for a Royal Up invitation because the ship was more than half empty.  The TA got us a deal on the balcony guarantee at $1,300 dollars per person for my husband including taxes and fees.  Two days later I had a Royal Up invitation in my email my TA advised Royal still had 12 grand suites unsold so I bid $1,800 dollars and yesterday morning bam bid accepted. So instead of paying over $6,000 dollars per person for a grand we paid $3,100 dollars each for 11 nights in a grand suite. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Christine-soreadytocruise said:

IN general how long does it take to find out if approved? And has anyone on the March 13th Anthem sailing been approved?

We are on Oasis March 13th but some people in our FB roll call group started winning their bids about a week and a half ago, no GS+ wins though.  Only JS and lower.