Cruise Planner Sales: When???

CJS2766

Hello all,

Excited for our first ever Alaska cruise in May. I've been getting hit hard by the cruise planner sales recently. Thankfully, I purchased everything we wanted a while back during a "Black Friday" sale I believe?? This lead me to thinking? How far in advance do cruise planner sales go into effect? Reason I ask is because we just booked a Oct. 2023 cruise on the Harmony. While I am always checking prices, I was wondering? Is there a chance that come this October/BF, would cruise planner sales be active for a cruise a year from Oct 22?

I realize I can always purchase and cancel and rebuy if I find a better deal. I was just wondering what the general rule is for how soon sales will be available for a future cruise? Other than BF deals, typically, what are the other times Royal has "good" deals (and I use that word lightly 🤣)

15 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Not a cruise planner sale, but I love when they drop the price for effectively a guaranteed oceanview balcony cabin for less than half of what it costs to choose your own cabin! I was checking to see if my cabin was cheaper, but it's actually higher now.

image.thumb.png.e27bd17607410b91ea112edda7fbb96b.png

Did you check to see if by any chance they had and suite guarantees at half the going rate?

For internet and some shore stuff the sale that started today seems to have been the best in a long while.  Got a dive that was stuck at 125.99 for nearly 6 months and had dropped to 115.99 last week dropped to 102.99 today.  Internet is still running higher but my girlfriend wanted to be able to text and talk to her son every day so we splurged a little for 2 device surf and stream and that was at one of the best prices I have seen.  

I know it's hit and miss sometimes though.  It's why it's worthwhile to track prices when new sales pop up to see what a good price range is vs a bad price range.  I have seen more than a few things go way up during a sale and then drop afterwards.  It's just like everything else in life, you have to be smart about the purchases you make and ready to see if something better pops up.

Was hoping someone would have an idea as to how soon cruise planner sales start before a cruise. I've never really paid attention. I was hoping that this coming Black Friday nd any other major holidays that deals are announced that I would be able to purchase for a October 2023 cruise. To soon? Again, anyone have any idea the earliest that CP sales go live for a sailing? 6 months before? 8? ???? Thanks all!