COVID Testing

PJRoe

Does anyone know the rules ? I am fully vaccinated and I have my booster. I tested positive for Covid Jan. 1 (Happy New Year) it was a very mild 2 day case. The CDC says I should wait 90 days before I retest. I am planning on leaving on a cruise February 20th and Royal Caribbean is requiring a test two days before? Any one else have this situation?

I had this same situation. Had to cancel a cruise because I tested positive with PCR Dec 23 and still tested positive with NAAT on Dec 31. Had to cancel my Jan 2 cruise.

Had another cruise scheduled for Jan 16. Did an antigen test on Jan 15 and it was negative. I didn't want to do another PCR or NAAT since they are more sensitive and are the ones that will pick up the virus for months.

You do have to have a negative test to cruise. They won't accept that you've had the virus in lieu of a negative test.

They also ask if you've tested positive within the 10 days prior to boarding as part of the health questionnaire.

Yes I'd be interested to know if you get a response.  I sail in 65 days (live in England) and my children will all have to have PCR tests (they are not vaccinated), they have all had Covid this week and per UK government advice they shouldn't have another PCR within 90 days.  However RC seem to ignore this and we therefore are at risk of them showing positive on a PCR (but negative antigen/lateral) for a virus they have had in January!! Worst is we will already be in Orlando when they have to do the PCR so stuck out there.

I'm getting on Anthem of the Seas this afternoon for an 11 night cruise. My husband and I went to CVS in Chicago on Saturday afternoon at 4 p.m. for a PCR test and we got our results yesterday January 30th at 2:45pm.  NEGATIVE!!!!  

It looks like things are back to normal testing wise and people are once again getting their results back within the 24 hour window at least in Chicago.

On 1/27/2022 at 7:25 PM, PJRoe said:

Does anyone know the rules ? I am fully vaccinated and I have my booster. I tested positive for Covid Jan. 1 (Happy New Year) it was a very mild 2 day case. The CDC says I should wait 90 days before I retest. I am planning on leaving on a cruise February 20th and Royal Caribbean is requiring a test two days before? Any one else have this situation?

2 family mbrs and myself tested positive Dec 6, 8 and 10th.  All had a PCR test done again on Dec 23 (work requirement) and it was negative for all 3 of us even though we were told we would test positive for up to 100 days after.