10 Drink Card spotted

CruiseGus

have seen a lot of question about the 10 drink card on this site.

So far since start up it has not been spotted yet, that has now changed.  Spotted on Explorer of the Seas early on Day 5 after the Solarium pool opened.

image_67167745.JPG

Just FYI Explorer out of San Juan is running a around 30-35% capacity on this sailing

6 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

No drink package is good for a beer drinker.  In the past when I've purchased these cards, the bartender has even stressed "Don't use this for beer."

At playmakers they serve the cocktails with beer as ingredient.

I have ordered these with the beer served separate. Essentially a shot and a beer. Worth a punch on the old drink card I do say. 

21 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

have seen a lot of question about the 10 drink card on this site.

So far since start up it has not been spotted yet, that has now changed.  Spotted on Explorer of the Seas early on Day 5 after the Solarium pool opened.

image_67167745.JPG

Just FYI Explorer out of San Juan is running a around 30-35% capacity on this sailing

Great to know we should start looking for them again, thanks for posting.
How many days left on your cruise ?  You mentioned seeing them on day 5, but wondering how late in the cruise it showed up.

On 1/28/2022 at 11:29 AM, Qeyton Dude said:

Great to know we should start looking for them again, thanks for posting.
How many days left on your cruise ?  You mentioned seeing them on day 5, but wondering how late in the cruise it showed up.

So if you would have bought it as soon as it showed up around 11am on Day 5 you would have had the rest of the day and Day 6 & 7 to use it.

• 2 months later...

I assume that these are only available for purchase once on board?  Mrs Fan would be a liability (for me) with a drink package with probably just a glass of wine with dinner. Might convince her to get a Mimosa one or two mornings.  This would be a perfect fit for myself.  Not sailing for a long while so I hope they have implemented this ship-wide by that time.  Thanks for posting.

14 minutes ago, FSUFAN said:

I assume that these are only available for purchase once on board?  Mrs Fan would be a liability (for me) with a drink package with probably just a glass of wine with dinner. Might convince her to get a Mimosa one or two mornings.  This would be a perfect fit for myself.  Not sailing for a long while so I hope they have implemented this ship-wide by that time.  Thanks for posting.

Only onboard and usually not until a few days to halfway through the cruise.

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, sherrydavis44 said:

Has anyone seen drink card on Odessey of the Seas recently?  Can you get it on day 1?

Having read about these drink cards extensively, it seems they are only offered toward the very end of a voyage if at all. So, no, it probably would not be offered on Day 1 of any cruise. It doesn't make financial sense for RC to do that when they could get a beverage package out of the customer instead.

• 1 month later...

I was offered the drink package by the bartender in August, 2022 aboard the Liberty of the Seas.  In the Bolero Bar, there was a sign.  He really suggested that I get it but I declined.  My son and I sat at the bar during embarkation as our rooms weren't ready and went through 4 drinks each lol.  (2 1/2 hours) I really should have taken the package.  Will do on my next cruise in April.  😉

10 hours ago, Jackie B. said:

I was offered the drink package by the bartender in August, 2022 aboard the Liberty of the Seas.  In the Bolero Bar, there was a sign.  He really suggested that I get it but I declined.  My son and I sat at the bar during embarkation as our rooms weren't ready and went through 4 drinks each lol.  (2 1/2 hours) I really should have taken the package.  Will do on my next cruise in April.  😉

@Jackie B.

You do realize that the DBP is only offered for on board sales the first 2 days of the cruise.  You have to purchase it for the whole cruise, but any drinks you have purchased individually prior to that purchase will be refunded 

11 hours ago, Jackie B. said:

And do so before you board where the package is always more expensive.