A list of entertainment that needs to be booked?

jbrinkm

Hi Everyone, 

What is the best way to know about all of the things that need to be booked when I get on my cruise? Is there a list somewhere? And what fills up pretty quickly? And what are your strategies for when to see shows, etc.?

The last time we cruised was in 2017 and I've never been on an Oasis class ship, so this is very new to me! I understand from reading some other posts that I have to do it in the app, and I know that the headliner show is part of the reservation process - but what else? 

I'm also curious about what are your strategies - assuming the event has multiple options for day & time - for when to book different shows & activities? Are at-sea days the most popular? Early shows vs late shows? Are there shows that you have to reserve that only happen once and at no additional times? 

Per @Matt, book your entertainment as soon as you get on the ship, everything will be available then.  On an Oasis class ship there are a lot of choices so review the Cruise Compasses here on the blog to determine what entertainment is offered and when.  Shows in the Main theatre, Aqua Theatre, Ice Skating show in Studio B and the comedy club all require reservation.  The smaller the venue the more difficult to get in.  The comedy club is by far the smallest venue and on our recent Oasis cruise I did not see any standby people get in.  The main theater is the largest venue and had plenty of extra seating for every show we attended.  Book the aqua show for early in your cruise because it is the most likely to have cancellation issues from weather or rough seas, this way you will have more opportunities to see the show.  If it is important to you, pay attention to which shows are for everyone (e) and which are for only vaccinated guests (v).

3 hours ago, Toby said:

One person said they were able to connect to the ship's WiFi while waiting in the cruise terminal to board.  They were able to book their entertainment choices before they boarded.

I'm going to see if this works.  I'm scheduled for Symphony 2/12.  This is my 1st time on an oasis class ship and am beyond excited for everything especially the shows!  I'm expecting the Super Bowl to be in the aqua theater.  Now, just hoping the Bengals get a win on Sunday.

On 1/26/2022 at 2:19 PM, SolariumSnoozer said:

Shows in the Main theatre, Aqua Theatre, Ice Skating show in Studio B and the comedy club all require reservation.  The smaller the venue the more difficult to get in.  The comedy club is by far the smallest venue and on our recent Oasis cruise I did not see any standby people get in.  The main theater is the largest venue and had plenty of extra seating for every show we attended.  Book the aqua show for early in your cruise because it is the most likely to have cancellation issues from weather or rough seas, this way you will have more opportunities to see the show. 

Thank you, @SolariumSnoozer! This is exactly the info & advice that I was hoping for.