xSAILEDx Radiance of the Seas Apr. 23, 2022 Will it happen?

So while the Radiance’s official return to sailing is April 29 from Vancouver, the April 23 sailing from LA to Vancouver has not been cancelled. All prior sailings (including panama) were cancelled many months ago when the April 29 return to service date was announced for Radiance. I booked this cruise probably over a year ago. Leaving the whole Canada and cruise ships debacle out of the equation (and assume Canada will be allowing cruise ships), what are the odds this cruise goes ahead?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Check in finally opened up today so I guess its a go! Check in only available online as the app is not supported for Radiance at this time. I wonder if it will be available by sailing time as the app is how emuster and proof of vaccine and all that are done........

It will be interesting to be on the first sailing in over 2 years on this ship.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 10:43 PM, Vancity Cruiser said:

Negative covid result achieved. Flight to LA in 12 hours. Boarding Saturday!

Awesome to hear!  See you onboard next Friday!  Am sure you'll be quiet since looking at the wifi pkg is way out of my budget since I have no Crown points like I do with my usual Princess cruises.  Good excuse to NOT WORK during my first holiday since the world shut down to Canadians wanting to travel for pleasure!! 

On 4/24/2022 at 12:49 PM, Jill said:

@Vancity Cruiser@LollyPop how’s the cruise? We board May 27 and I’m curious what kind of shape she’s in. I looked at your sailing in the app today. Getting excited! Looking forward to getting back to an original Viking Crown Lounge! 

Unfortunately she was not ready for the cruise. Had a great time but it felt they literally pulled her out of moth balls and loaded the crew the day before we boarded. Room smelled musty and when I went to open the balcony door the handle came off in my hand lol. A lot of supplies were not on board and extremely limited selections in the windjammer (which was not open for dinner). The cruise compass had old protocols listed on it (masks must be worn indoors at all times except vaccinated only areas 🙄) although this was not actually the protocol on board. There was no welcome aboard show the first night which felt weird. That being said the crew worked extremely hard and she is looking a lot better today than she was on day 1 and she should be ready to sail Alaska. We went in eyes wide open knowing this was her first sailing in 2 years so we were not disappointed and had a fantastic time but just giving an opinion.

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Radiance of the Seas Apr. 23, 2022 Will it happen?