questions about post-cruise transfer to MIA

S. Noble

Hi everyone. I purchased Royal's post-cruise transfer to Miami airport, for my group of 5 sailing on Oasis next month. 

When I first called to purchase the transfer, the agent told me that I would receive instructions on the transfer in my stateroom the night before we disembark. He also said that our transfer time would be based off our MIA flight departure time. 

Some weeks later, my flight time changed. (JetBlue bumped the flight to 1 hr earlier.) So I called Royal to provide the new flight details. (This change, btw, took almost 30 minutes of waiting on the phone with the agent, evidently not a quick change to make.) Anyway, I wanted to double check that we will get instructions on where/when we need to go, and I asked this agent if instructions will be left in the room. Contrary to what the first agent said, this second agent said no; that the instructions will be in the last page of my eDocs. 

eDocs just came out and there are no instructions there. There is like a voucher thingy indicating we've purchased a transfer, but no instructions. 

I'm sailing with a small group of first time cruisers and I'm The One That's Supposed To Know Stuff, so just trying to stay on the ball here. 

1. When and where will we get instructions on where to go on disembarkation morning, as well as departure time? 

2. Relatedly, do you still have a choice of Regular or Self-Assist departure when you have purchased a transfer? (Are transfers always Self-Assist or vice versa?)

3. With a 12:20pm flight out of MIA, does anyone with experience know when we might expect our transfer? 

the cruises I have done these past few months Anthem, Oasis and Freedom-the last time to disembark was 9 am, which leaves plenty of time to get to MIA.

When I used the shuttle service in the Bahamas (most definitely not the same as Miami-sorry) we disembarked and shuttles were waiting.  They didn't even ask us if we had a reservation-it was crazy.  I image Miami would be a bit better organized. Sorry I cannot be of better assistance.  I did notice a few weeks ago at Miami that there were some shuttles directly outside of the port terminal.  I was using Uber so I cannot speak on those transfers.
I know what it's like to be the planner, and I understand your concern but it will all work out.  Guest services onboard would be the people to ask.  Get the question asked early  on when you board to get it out of the way and avoid any lines.  Welcome aboard!

2 hours ago, Don B said:

Does anyone have information on the MIA to the port Shuttle?

It's $18 per person and plan on about 20 minutes' drive.  If you sign up ahead of time (which is required) a rep is supposed to meet you at the baggage claim kiosk for your flight - there is also an RC kiosk centrally located in one of the Terminals (MIA is a big horseshoe and I don't recall which terminal but as you walk look for any cruise kiosk and they can direct you.  Carnival's is huge and easy to find....)