Getting Set Sail to Print on One Page

melmar02

You could likely play with margins or zooming in or out.  I just use the "snipping tool" and copy/paste each one onto a word document.  I had both mine and Mr. SpeedNoodles on one page last time we cruised and they just ripped it in half because they wanted to deal with us separately.  (That makes  us sound difficult to deal with.  We're not.  It was just easier for them to have all of his records in one pile and all of mine in another).

11 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

You could likely play with margins or zooming in or out.  I just use the "snipping tool" and copy/paste each one onto a word document.  I had both mine and Mr. SpeedNoodles on one page last time we cruised and they just ripped it in half because they wanted to deal with us separately.  (That makes  us sound difficult to deal with.  We're not.  It was just easier for them to have all of his records in one pile and all of mine in another).

Can we not print and just use a digital copy? 

8 minutes ago, Natalfaz said:

Can we not print and just use a digital copy? 

You can.  I'd suggest taking a screen shot in case you run into problems with cellular service within the terminal.

I print mine because I'd rather not be handing off my phone or trying to pull up my set sail pass on one app, and my covid test results on another.  It's just easier for me to have a stack of papers for each of us.

Ok so I got the whole bar code to print on one page finally. Changing the scale didn't work, printing landscape vs. portrait didn't work, nothing! 

So I thought I'd try one more thing. I had originally saved our set sail passes to print later - you know, in case Royal's website started acting wonky. Anyway, I was trying to print from my saved PDFs which created a 3 page document no matter what I tried. I logged into the Cruise Planner and was able to print them on 2 pages (no split bar code) without changing anything though. 

Thanks for all the suggestions. Clearly this was operator error. 

confused the simpsons GIF

To save and print the Set Sail Pass on two pages you need to click on print this page and select Save to PDF for the destination,  and then in more Settings change the scale to 80% to reduce it to two pages. Save the file and print it out from the saved file. A little more work but I always save my cruising files on a thumb drive and take it with me.

image.thumb.png.9a5ec808e9195df9e5725ac46b2fcba3.png

6 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

You can.  I'd suggest taking a screen shot in case you run into problems with cellular service within the terminal.

I print mine because I'd rather not be handing off my phone or trying to pull up my set sail pass on one app, and my covid test results on another.  It's just easier for me to have a stack of papers for each of us.

Team “stack of papers” for me!!

So when you want to print something like the set sail pass information I tend to just select the part of the page that i need and then use print selection in the print settings. No other junk just the page with some info amd the Barcode. Another option is to tap print screen on your computer and then open up your favorite graphic or picture editor and then crop this down and resize however you need and then print the resulting image. 

My brother, who is my tech guru and fixer of all my issues God love him, is coming on his first cruise with us.  I have been trying to get everyone’s ducks in a row. After he sent me a photo of his digital vax info (he’s the only one without an actual card, got his shots at Gillette Stadium at a mass vax event), I told him to print a copy & put it with his passport.  Why? It’s on my phone. Ok just suggesting an old school backup to potential new school problems.  Nope, sees no reason for it.  Ok dear brother, you do you. 🤷‍♀️ I think I’ll secretly print off what he sent me.  Shhhhh, don’t tell him!

7 minutes ago, teddy said:

I got something similar for our cruise this weekend after reading your posts. 

I’m all about tech, but I like hard copies, too. 

I'm team documents as well.  I make each cabin a "packet" that includes the travel documents, receipts for cruise planner purchases, set sail pass, laminated luggage tags, printed images of passports, drivers licenses, vax records, tests, etc....

I also put them in order in the packet so that we have them in the order we need them. 

We generally breeze right through the building and into the MDR for lunch!

4 minutes ago, teddy said:

I got something similar for our cruise this weekend after reading your posts. 

I’m all about tech, but I like hard copies, too. 

I'm a techie myself but at port check-in, I prefer hard copies.  On my first sailing post-COVID, I had my SetSail Pass and test result on my phone and hard copies of passport and vaccine card.  I found it very inconvenient.  At first I presented a screenshot of my test result.  The screener wanted to see the entire Walgreens email.  He actually took the phone from my hand and started swiping. (Yikes)  I said to myself, "Never again!"  For the next five cruises after that, I had all my printed documents in the menu holder like they did in the demo video I posted.

1 hour ago, Reigert2008 said:

I'm team documents as well.  I make each cabin a "packet" that includes the travel documents, receipts for cruise planner purchases, set sail pass, laminated luggage tags, printed images of passports, drivers licenses, vax records, tests, etc....

I also put them in order in the packet so that we have them in the order we need them. 

And I thought I was the only one that anal retentive 😄😄. Documents get moved to the back as they are used AND I keep them in a little folder after the trips as a memento! 

On 1/26/2022 at 8:27 AM, Pooch said:

My brother, who is my tech guru and fixer of all my issues God love him, is coming on his first cruise with us.  I have been trying to get everyone’s ducks in a row. After he sent me a photo of his digital vax info (he’s the only one without an actual card, got his shots at Gillette Stadium at a mass vax event), I told him to print a copy & put it with his passport.  Why? It’s on my phone. Ok just suggesting an old school backup to potential new school problems.  Nope, sees no reason for it.  Ok dear brother, you do you. 🤷‍♀️ I think I’ll secretly print off what he sent me.  Shhhhh, don’t tell him!

Does anyone know if a printout of the digital vax card will suffice? My sister has the same problem, she never received an actual card.

On 1/26/2022 at 3:44 PM, Pooch said:

Documents get moved to the back as they are used AND I keep them in a little folder after the trips as a memento! 

Omg, you just described ME! 😂

I can tell you though that the woman behind the check-in desk at Barcelona airport practically kissed me, she was so happy to see my neatly ordered documents.

We're like the Progressive Commercial about not turning into your parents! 

On 1/25/2022 at 9:56 PM, Kathleen said:

Team “stack of papers” for me!!

On 1/25/2022 at 10:06 PM, melmar02 said:

I do both, but prefer paper. With two kids that don't have a phone, but are old enough to hold their own paperwork, I prefer they carry their own. 

On 1/26/2022 at 7:18 AM, HeWhoWaits said:

My wife is all about the "stack of papers" and I'm much more digitally inclined. We go the "stack of papers" route every time.

Happy wife = happy life.

On 1/26/2022 at 7:49 AM, PG Cruiser said:

I'm Team "documents in a menu holder"

On 1/26/2022 at 9:35 AM, Reigert2008 said:

On 1/26/2022 at 9:37 AM, PG Cruiser said:

I'm a techie myself but at port check-in, I prefer hard copies.  On my first sailing post-COVID, I had my SetSail Pass and test result on my phone and hard copies of passport and vaccine card.  I found it very inconvenient.  At first I presented a screenshot of my test result.  The screener wanted to see the entire Walgreens email.  He actually took the phone from my hand and started swiping. (Yikes)  I said to myself, "Never again!"  For the next five cruises after that, I had all my printed documents in the menu holder like they did in the demo video I posted.

On 1/28/2022 at 3:55 AM, FionaMG said:

Omg, you just described ME! 😂

I can tell you though that the woman behind the check-in desk at Barcelona airport practically kissed me, she was so happy to see my neatly ordered documents.

On 1/27/2022 at 5:59 PM, Cruiser4Life said:

Does anyone know if a printout of the digital vax card will suffice? My sister has the same problem, she never received an actual card.

He used it to upload his vax proof on line.  Had an issue unrelated to the digital nature of the proof but ultimately was accepted by Royal.  I assume the same proof presented at the terminal will work.

4 hours ago, Pooch said:

He used it to upload his vax proof on line.  Had an issue unrelated to the digital nature of the proof but ultimately was accepted by Royal.  I assume the same proof presented at the terminal will work.

Sounds good. I was told you had to provide the physical card at the port no matter what and no exceptions. Praying that’s not the case but if so, she is making a long drive for nothing and I’ve tried to prepare her. 😓

9 hours ago, Cruiser4Life said:

Sounds good. I was told you had to provide the physical card at the port no matter what and no exceptions. Praying that’s not the case but if so, she is making a long drive for nothing and I’ve tried to prepare her. 😓

And many here and on the “other” board have said they provide all information on their phone, no paper involved, with no problems.   My concern with my brother was certain information on the digital form not the fact that it is digital.

9 minutes ago, Pooch said:

And many here and on the “other” board have said they provide all information on their phone, no paper involved, with no problems.  

I'm pretty sure the screeners will ask for the physical passport and physical vaccine card.  That is why I just decided to have hard copies of everything. No need to take out my phone at the port.

Yes but we are all team paper here.  I have no doubt there are people on team techie that will have everything on their devices except for passport.  Even the set sail pass has an option to store it in Apple Wallet from the app but no option to print from the app (yes I know you can still print it but there’s no PRINT button).  I agree having a hard copy is easier but I don’t think it is REQUIRED.

I don’t mean to disagree and I have not yet cruised post covid but I don’t see how that is possible.  There are people who, especially in the early roll out of the vaccine, did not get a card.  They have proof of their shots with the required information but it’s not the CDC card.  This is what my brother uploaded for on line check in and it was accepted as proof.  So then the question becomes, can your proof be accepted on line and subsequently rejected and boarding denied at the port?

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

I don’t mean to disagree and I have not yet cruised post covid but I don’t see how that is possible.  There are people who, especially in the early roll out of the vaccine, did not get a card.  They have proof of their shots with the required information but it’s not the CDC card.  This is what my brother uploaded for on line check in and it was accepted as proof.  So then the question becomes, can your proof be accepted on line and subsequently rejected and boarding denied at the port?

I don't want to argue myself.  I just wanted to be sure that you have all the proper required documents at the port.  On the website, it specifically says, "vaccination record CARD."  I guess we'll just put this in the category of "We'll see..."

I have gone on six cruises post-COVID and maybe I just assumed they required the CARD.  So like I said, "we'll see"

image.thumb.png.d0f72c6cc7b80bd46c2f92b7ff8fdee9.png

From the FAQS page.  I do appreciate your help and I wish he just had the darn card!  But his proof does include everything listed as required by #3 and was accepted on line.  I only have so much bandwidth to stress about this cruise so I’m going with hard copies of what he has.  Thank you 😊 

C84DD524-A424-4068-BF50-2FC59878A331.png

26 minutes ago, Pooch said:

But his proof does include everything listed as required by #3 and was accepted on line.

The online submission via the app is only to save time taking a photo of the card at the port.  They still ask for the physical card.  That being said, I am hoping with you that they will accept what he has.